Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
jmatcuhi

How are you guys seeing a count of songs in My Music? I can't find a tally.

jts5009

It's far less intuitive than it sould be.  Go to the "Songs" list under "Your Music".  Select all by clicking CTRL+A, copy-paste it all into an Excel document, and count the rows.  If you select 5 songs, you'll get 5 rows of song links.  No matter what I do though, I can't get more than 10,000 songs to show up.  

Lotusbeats
I started the 3 month for .99¢. 2 months after the 3 month trial I notice that I was paying for spotify. So the 2 months that I was paying for your service I Couldn't Save any albums. What is that? I thought paying for spotify would be better. Not being able to save all the songs you want is just not right. Getting rid of $10 per month service.
tomshreds

Could this be why I'm not able to add any more songs to my library?

Every time I add new albums or songs via the mobile or desktop app, I can see them in my library until I close the app and then boom it's all like it was two months ago (when it stopped working).

I'm starting to get annoyed by those limitations, I thought Spotify was my Rdio killer but it sure seems I'll be taking Rdio for another spin soon!

jmatcuhi

@tomshreds exactly what happened to me.  I took some advice from earlier in this thread and I am very close to the limit (approx 9100 songs) I am ok so far, but have NO IDEA if I added some albums that were later removed due to this stupid limit.  I was definitely over the limit and deleted some box sets from MyMusic to save some space.

Unacceptable workaround IMO

eddz69105

I'd like to add my support to this idea, the 10,000 song limit for paying customers is ridiculous, I don't see why it is necessary when similar services do not impose such a limit. I have a large music collection (~17,000 songs) so this is a big problem for me, I hate that I have to pick and choose which albums I want to be able to stream easily. I switched from amazon prime music because the music selection on spotify is better and the streaming bitrate higher, but at least amazon didn't limit me to how many albums I could save to my collection.  Aside from this limit I am very happy with the service, so hopefully this will be fixed soon or I may have to consider switching to tidal. Even increasing the limit to 20,000 (or at least an error message for when you go over the limit) would be a nice start.

beachdude42

This is honestly the one thing that could make me cancel my Spotify subscription. It's absurd that I can't save all of my favorite albums to what's supposed to be my PERSONAL COLLECTION without reaching an arbitrary limit... and one that's pretty small at that. If Apple's new service doesn't have this limit, I'm outta here... you guys cater way too much to your casual users while ignoring the passionate music fans that are your core user base.

Marcochabbi13
Yeah you're so bloody right!

So do apple have a steaming service?

livejamie

Looks like you can't even add albums to "My Music" anymore

beowulfey

Just wanted to point out that this is still a major issue. I've had to cull a majority of my library twice so far. Unfortunately, new music is released all the time, so I run into this problem a lot!