Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Lotusbeats
Yes, it's like they don't care. They probably feel like "forget the ones
who complain, we have plenty customers that don't complain at all" in a
rich owners voice.

dysqo

Seriously Spotify, are you guys really that dumb to not even explain this ridiculous limit???  "Not Now"???  WTF!!!  Well as someone above has said, Apple just took away your thunder.  I will start the 90 day trial right away and figure out if I will completely switch to Apple and say BYE BYE SPOTIFY!!!  U have until then to change this stupid limit or my decision will be really easy! Does anyone know if Beats currently allows you to save albums?  And more importantly if the Apple version will...  Spotify, you have been warned...  U should be counting down the days til June 30th.  I have a feeeling that date may be important to your history in the future!!!

dysqo....Beats does let you save albums, without a limit...and Apple Music will to.

dysqo
Thanks toothgrnd3r!! I'm pretty sure that's where my money will end up. If not for the $15 family plan I can share w my wife, mom, dad, sister AND brother-in-law!!! Or the IOS integration including Siri support!!! It for sure will be the UNLIMITED saved albums!! I still can't get over how this is a thing? Just does not make any sense... Spotify, u had/have? a chance to retain customers based on simple convienences and not wanting to start over building our collections.... But since I had to stop saving albums a couple weeks after becoming a premium member, I will deal w the inconvenience!!!
Amilli

I'LL DEFINATELY GO TO APPLE MUSIC SERVICE IF THIS IS NOT FIXED REALLY SOON.

THIS IS NOT OVER 100 KUDOS, IT'S OVER 700! PLEASE GIVE US SOME NEWS.

greigc

Three year subscriber and I am canceling my sub because of this issue. total hog wash. good bye spotify. /spit

AngusPSIU

Just signed up for the premium trial period, and started saving albums from my library on Amazon MP3 to my music on Spotify. Thought I had done the job, only to find out, AFTER CLOSING SPOTIFY, that it had stopped saving after track 10,000.  Until I closed Spotify, it was keeping the tracks.  I only realized the problem when I got back to work this morning, opened spotify, and noticed that much of what I had saved yesterday was NOT ACTUALLY SAVED.  So, I didn't even get a notification that I had exceeded the cap.  This is incredibly frustrating.  So, nowhere is the cap publicized, and then it doesn't warn you when you've exceeded the cap.  I guess I will not be making the switch from Amazon after all.  Too bad.  

ming-1

I am currently a free user and would not use the paid for service if there is a limit on my collection. I will have to check out the competition.

no-hercules
I love Spotify. The interface is so easy to use & adding & saving new music was as easy as clicking a couple things. But as soon as I learned about the cap, I was immediately bummed out. As an avid music listener, I listen to new music released by some of my favorite artists & bands, as well as fall in love with newer acts every day. I believe the cap should be as unlimited as one's own love of music. What is a personal library if it does not include everything I love?
SubzeroSC

3 more months and it would be 1 year of radio silence from Spotify about this issue. This is sad indeed very sad.