Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
Hellome7

It took them more than 3 years to (partially) bring this feature back. The last thing they did was listening us. 

gnunard

8.6.42.671 I just got the update! Awesome! Finally! Is it 100% no, but it is much much better than it was!

Jp_liem23
  • I dont know how it is for everyone else, but id like the search bar to be on the top of my "liked" songs instead of having to click the three buttons on the top right first. Makes it easier to find songs that ive liked and saved.
ishg97

A search bar on top (or the old swipe down to search) within the liked songs on the Android app is needed. I notice that the iOS app has that but to search in liked songs on Android you need more clicks that should be necessary as a user. 
Going to the menu to search is annoying each time you wanna add songs to queue on a whim. 

Kanyethefish

HOW IS THIS 2.5 YEARS OLD AND NOT IMPLEMETED YET

sietse538

It's finally back 🙌🙌 thank you Spotify ❤️

Panopamelix

Yes it's back for me too since 2 weeks or so, finally !

Not related, but we're still waiting for the swipe to queue like on iOS. But it's great to see Spotify finally doing something.

Jp_liem23
Hmm weird i havent gotten it yet! Which version is this?
Panopamelix

I'm on version 8.7.4.1056, but it might an update on server side if you don't have it on last version.

robinbartels

Hi everyone,

The solution is to delete the app and download it again. This worked for me.

Enjoy the new old feature!

Cheers,

Robin