Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] "Don't play this artist" feature for Android Premium users

Currently, all Free users and Premium iOS users have the ability to block any artist just by going to their pages and tapping "Don't play this artist".

This is not possible for Premium users who use Android devices, and I've seen some complaints about it in the Community.

So it would be great to make it available to all users regardless of the platform.

Updated on 2019-10-28

Hi everyone.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to say that this is now also possible for Premium users on Android.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes
nackend

would be a good feature!

Pocolashon

Is this really Android specific?

I cannnot block the artists on the MacOS app either (I am premium).

This is an absolute must and I honestly don't understand how Spotify can ignore this. There is a ton of articles from the beginning of 2019 that show how to do this. I guess I didn't realize they are all from iOS.

Wakey wakey, Spotify.

sarahfitz89_ie

I 100% support this idea. 

alalt

Also doesn't work on the desktop app, it's fairly annoying to have to skip a shitty band over and over again just because spotify thinks it is similar to the music I like (which it is not).

pbmoore

I wonder why this needs a vote. If IOS users have a feature, surely Android should be treated equally!

Goodman
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-10-28

Hi everyone.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to say that this is now also possible for Premium users on Android.

sarahfitz89_ie

Amazing news, thanks

pbmoore

I don't see any changes on my Android!

Hopefully, it will also include Genres.

Can you kindly get your techs to start working on the Windows desktop version as well, please? I fail to understand why the decision was made to only block artists on IOS. Surely Windows users represent the largest audience. Or is that why - they didn't want to "upset" the artists.

pbmoore
As I understand it - if I click "Do not play this artist" in my Android smartphone, that is NOT carried over to my Windows Spotify player. Is that correct?
And was I hallucinating or did I actually see something - perhaps on Twitter - that said words to the effect of "we had received many requests from Windows users asking for this feature - and we considered it for 5 minutes and decided NAH! So we aren't going to do it. And we closed the case. Merry Xmas Windows users!"