Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Better Section for new releases and popular albums.

The current "what's new" section is terrible. please add a section with an in depth list of new releases, and what is currently popular. Along with a larger recommended music section.

Hello everyone! Spotify here. We're ecstatic to announce that we've now finished rolling out the New Releases section in the Browse tab. You should also be able to check out the Top Lists from the Browse view shown in the screenshot below. Enjoy the music and thanks for the feedback everyone.

Viola! New Releases and Top lists in Browse, ladies and gentlemen. 

Screen Shot 2013-12-16 at 11.54.15 AM.png

Comments
CaptHanYolo

The new Discover section makes the new releases proble even worse.   There needs to be an easy way to see the new releases for the week, ideally by genre. I like the new Discovery feature, but sorely miss the what's new view.

For those that used the Zune software in the past, the marketplace was setup that way with essentially a Discover new music view, but then each genre had a section that listed the new releases and most popular songs/artists of the genre. 

kls98

i really like the "discover" implementation but miss being able to see new releases (even if it was an indadequate feature). a dedicated new release space is necessary!!

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello everyone! Spotify here. We're ecstatic to announce that we've now finished rolling out the New Releases section in the Browse tab. You should also be able to check out the Top Lists from the Browse view shown in the screenshot below. Enjoy the music and thanks for the feedback everyone.

Viola! New Releases and Top lists in Browse, ladies and gentlemen. 

Screen Shot 2013-12-16 at 11.54.15 AM.png

ryanw79

Thanks for adding the new releases section, but it's always full of EPs and singles. You should make it sortable so you can see just new full ablums. 

jankarl

Old thread but I have to say something about new releases today 2015..:)

I check this everyday and there are not many albums/singles/Ep´s whatever coming on this page,must be hundreds and hundreds I´m missing every day..It seems to have stopped,all I see is the old cr-p I´ve seen for ages,every new stuff on spotify should start on that page and then just go down when new stuff are in,right? Happy new year  /jankarl

calcaris-pl

Totally agree. Please improve section new releases. I woluld like to search new albums with region or country option.

allenbenson

How are the choices made for what is displayed on New Releases?  Today, I see releases such as "Shaded In (Remixes)" by filous (really??) but the brand new Sister Hazel album is nowhere to be seen.  (It was released today, and can be found on Spotify if you search.) Just saying, I'm not sure who is choosing what is on the list and what is not, but come on.

Floke

It would be a great improvement if you were able to hit the more button on an artist and be able to choose to hide them from the New Releases list (or even like it), and by doing so enhancing your New Releases list.

Tomatenfisch

I also regularly miss new releases from artists/genres I like, just because "New Releases" does only show some, but not all, New Releases (what I would expect when a section is titled like that).

Is it possible at all to show ALL new releases? If not, why not? What's the point of hiding content?

Right now I need to check e.g. Amazon for new releases of artists/genres I like and then search for them on Spotify to find out they are already there. Doesn't make any sense to me. But maybe I am just not finding the "Show all new releases" feature.