Better Section for new releases and popular albums.

The current "what's new" section is terrible. please add a section with an in depth list of new releases, and what is currently popular. Along with a larger recommended music section.

Hello everyone! Spotify here. We're ecstatic to announce that we've now finished rolling out the New Releases section in the Browse tab. You should also be able to check out the Top Lists from the Browse view shown in the screenshot below. Enjoy the music and thanks for the feedback everyone.

Viola! New Releases and Top lists in Browse, ladies and gentlemen. 

Screen Shot 2013-12-16 at 11.54.15 AM.png

Comments
You know what? I didn't want to mention Rdio in the Spotify forums but Rdio's new release section is exactly the reason I made this post. The more I see Rdio's well though out design when it comes to discovery the more I regret getting an annual subscription to Spotify.

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey,

I searched in Spotify "year:2012".

Why just few results? I think that in 2012 record labels are released much more music?

Currently paying for both Rdio and Spotify and I have to use Rdio to browse new releases cause Spotify's is SO BAD. New ALBUMS should be up first and forget all the trending playlists and recommended. OR... make the layout of the new releases section customisable

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Only ideas with 40+ kudos should have the good idea status.

I also regularly miss new releases from artists/genres I like, just because "New Releases" does only show some, but not all, New Releases (what I would expect when a section is titled like that).

Is it possible at all to show ALL new releases? If not, why not? What's the point of hiding content?

Right now I need to check e.g. Amazon for new releases of artists/genres I like and then search for them on Spotify to find out they are already there. Doesn't make any sense to me. But maybe I am just not finding the "Show all new releases" feature.