Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Country] Launch Spotify in Romania

I think that given the current alternatives:

- Zonga

- Deezer

- Apple Music (in the not-so-distant future)

Spotify would be wasting a chance to get further into the eastern market if it does not launch in Romania as well. There are already a lot of musicians from Romania on Spotify, which means that securing licensing agreements couldn't have been that hard. Furthermore, following the example of deezer which comes bundled with Orange voice contracts, respectively zonga and vodafone, I think that Spotify could seize this opportunity to secure a deal with Telekom and either bundle their services or just outright open here as well. It makes a lot of sense especially since Spotify opened in Hungary and Bulgaria as well. The expansion would only be natural and it would also further drive down the hated piracy phenomenon in the balkans and eastern europe. In the 21th century on a competing market, spotify's ease of use, multiplatform, streaming quality and array of artists would ensure a switch over from the other services to spotify. I was told by a Spotify support representative, a few months back that it is planned to launch Spotify in Romania as well, however, somehow, those plans changed, and the "official facebook page" was taken down, and now, the official position is that nobody knows when this is happening. I only want to know the truth, and use this service without resorting to all sorts of loopholes to enjoy it. 

I think it's time people in my country are treated the same way others are all over europe. There's bad seeds everywhere, but I don't think everyone has to be held accountable for the actions of the few. If you demand respect, you should show respect.

To people that want to support my idea: Please give it a kudo and make sure to share this with all of your Spotify buddies ! 🙂

Thank you !

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey there!

Spotify is available in Romania for a while now. 🙂

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2015-06-09

axxelbe

Good initiative! Keep up the good work.

goaspy

Google Play Music is available in Romania since Q4 2014 for $7.50.  I got it with $6.20 at launch.

Spotify would have to launch with a competitive price and maybe partnerships with ISPs like RCS&RDS, for easy payment and subscriptions.

zierka2

The funny thing is that I would pay for the premium, they just don't want my money, so I'm using the free version with the known tricks. I do get why the don't want to open here: a big percentage of users would just use the free version, which is actually costing spotify.

alex77xel

Like zierka2, i would pay for the premium app. Google Play Music is ok, but in my opinion spotify is better. So if you could find it in your hearts to let us pay for a very nice app please do. Thank you!

dirtyred

When I was living in Romania I really wanted to buy myself a Premium subscription but Spotify did not want my money. So that money went to renting a VPN server for the same amount of money. It still wasn't Premium but at least I was able to listen to my favorite artists. I'm not proud of it at all but instead of pirating I thought this is still a more legitimate way of using the service.

ceolo87

Please bring spotify to Romania. Applemusic is here but content management sucks. 

as21ro
Any news guys?!?
thedarq
Nope. It will take a lot of work to get this idea exposure. I've sent it to people in my company, but got little support. If you don't mind pass this along to your friends, and tell them how they can support this idea. 50 kudos is probably not close to popular so spotify staff will most likely ignore it...
george_stoian

we want spotify in romania....