Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] Like & Dislike Buttons

While discovering new music is of course full of adventure and wonder when you find music you've never heard of, especially when you fall in love.
The spotify personalized discover weekly playlists was a phenomenal idea and so far I'm loving my playlist. But there's a song on there I KNOW I don't like, and I wish I could ban that artist from ever showing up again.
If developers added a like or dislike button, or even a ban artist feature, it would make discovering music more personalized. If you know you don't ever want to discover another Kenny Chesney song ever again, you should be able to voice that. If you like discovering a certain kind of song, that "like" should be heard so you can discover more of it. I'm looking forward to my next playlist, I just wish it was more "personalized".

Updated on 2018-07-03

Hey,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to announce that Like & Dislike Buttons have now been made available for Discover Weekly.
Be sure you're on the latest version of Spotify to get rocking with any updates.

Thanks!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2015-07-25

Marked as new idea.
You might also want to add your kudos to a similar idea to add thumbs up / down to the discover section in general here.

Nightdevil

Totally agree!!!

TheArly

I had a similar idea. I create a Glastonbury playlist every year, and this year I found the least insufferable Lionel Richie song. Then lo and behold my Discover Weekly has an old cloying horrible Commodores Song. LOVE the Discover Weekly list, but a 'Ban this artist forever' button would be greatly appreciated! 

EASY WORKAROUND!!!

After having thought about it, the SUPEREASY solution is to create a playlist titled something like 'This week's Discovery List' and copy the entire thing, and then people can remove offending items at will and create the TRULY PERFECT Discovery playlist. (and if the algorithm guys are reading, they then get the back-end to discover such lists and fewer and fewer painful moments will occur in the original list!

graciecat27

I agree, too! The first two weeks I used Discover Weekly, I loved 25+ out of 30. This week's I've found that there's a few that I'd definitely thumbs down. If we had that option, it would help the music bots pick the best of the best for us. 

That said, I've thoroughly enjoyed my Discover Weekly. I love finding new music. 🙂

Kerrikarina

I don't like the Discover weekly at all!!!! ...so, very agree about the option for like or dislike button, ,,,would be wonderful! 

..even much better the great option to delete the Playlist !!!

I'm not happy with spotify 😞

I'm very disappointed about Spotify and its service, ,,,

I want my refund!

...I going to cancel my account! 

CuddlyCaucasian

I didn't see this thread and accidentally made a new topic with the exact same idea, haha. But I completely agree, it didn't come up last week, but this week literally over half of the songs on the playlist are songs I've heard before but intentionally didn't have saved because I hate them.

Filosofloris

I propose 3 buttons:

dislike

maybe (later)

bertfly

completely agree. if i overdo it on one type of music one week, my discover playlist also gets overdone in that direction. if i could manage it more for things i want to discover, it would be wayyyyy better for me!

g00py

The one major reason I haven't switched to Spotify from Google Play is the lack of removing a song/artist by thumbing down globally. Google play isn't perfect with it, but i find it annoying to not be able to mark albums/songs as thumbs down when I come across this in music discovery mood.