Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Country] Spotify in Ukraine

Hi Spotify team!

When watching Eurovision on TV in Stockholm this year I couldn't but think why Spotify is not yet registered in Ukraine? Eurovision 2017 in Ukraine would be a great marketing kick-start for the app in this country. Unlike Russia's personal data laws, Ukraine has no such restrictions of keeping the data only in Ukraine, so one large chunk of a problem is away. 

Although I currently live in Finland (relocating soon to Stockholm), I have test run the idea on my Ukrainian relatives/ friends/ partners etc. and it'd be successful there. Similarly to Russia and all the illegal music streaming through social media and online sources, there is a shift among user behavior - preference to have access to lots of good quality music all the time at any place.

Updated on 2020-07-15

Hey there folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're very happy to announce that Spotify is now available in Ukraine.

There's some more information on this here!

Happy listening!

Comments
Kreff

Yes, please! It's long overdue Spotify would arrive to Ukraine. Guys, please, save us from horrendous options that Apple and Google provide (I am not even listing others). I am already paying $5 a month for Apple Music but I am sure there're plenty of people who'd pay the same $5 a month. Imagine at least 500,000 of people paying that a month. I am sure there might be even more users who'd want to do that. It's still better than nothing right?

Can't stress enough how we're missing out with Spotify out of Ukraine. Looking forward to actually being able to legally listen to Spotify here. 

Love your service! 

rkoval

Hey Spotify team,

Any updates on this request?

It would be really nice to have Spotify officially available in Ukraine.

Thanks,

Roman

Lladerat

Its been two years and no spotify employee or moderator answer  or anything remotely related , so i couldnt be bothered with waiting Spotify in Ukraine, lets be honest Ukraine to most europeans is percieved as 3rd world country, nobody is gonna do anything here. 

Flerken

Let's be honest Spotify is very slow on decision making. It has nothing to do with 3rd countries. It's only your lack of self-esteem.

Elena77

You're right. Due to the unstable situation in the country, foreign capital is afraid to enter the markets of Ukraine.

romm1off

Unstable? Tell that to Netflix, Sony, Apple, Uber, RyanAir, IKEA and so on. 

Lladerat

Elena77

Ok i usually am very sceptic about things but one thing im  100% sure is that you have no idea about Ukraine if you think it is unstable. Syria or Somalia are unstable. Ukrainians are living excactly as they lived before 2013. 

rkoval
Ukraine maybe threated as 3rd world contry (I cannot prove or argue) but
here still a lot of people that ready to pay for good service. I would even
say that many of top rated world wide products are developer with
conjunction with Ukrainian IT people, just believe it's totally true. Such
as people in Ukraine knows how to develop/deliver world wide services as
well they are ready to pay for the service.

Anthony666

First and foremost, 

@Elena77 >Ukrainians are living excactly as they lived before 2013. 

That is simply a preposterous claim. 🙂  Lots of things changed, mostly for better.

@rkoval SO TRUE, excellent points

Not to deny, there are certain risks, it is quite obvious that entering the Ukrainian market would be a win-win.  

Data might vary, but there are roughly 20 million Internet users in a country with the average monthly cost for broadband under $20. Think about it)

Another point, Spotify's policy on Ukraine pushes users towards piracy and using competitor services.

Google Music, Deezer, Apple **bleep-bleepity-bleep** music - those services are already available in Ukraine. But they all kinda suck.

Flaws of Ukrainian legislation on copyright is a bummer too. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I presume major labels and media giants are to be blamed. Here's a Southpark episode to illustrate the concern:
http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s07e09-christian-rock-hard

BUT

There surely is a DEMAND, coexisting with lack of supply. 

I also want to address those of Spotify Team who is in charge of monitoring and moderating the community. 

You all can help us out by escalating this request further and this will be hugely appreciated. 

To me, as a supporter, response updated on 2017-06-21 looks like a slack job 😉

zhekazheka

Hey Spotify team,

I am upping this up again in, almost, 2019 😉

All best,

Z.