Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Add Gesture Support for Mac App

Please add gesture support for the Mac app, right now you can't use Magic Mouse or Trackpad to swipe right to go back.

Thanks.

Updated on 2019-02-05

Hey folks, 

Thanks for putting your votes to this idea. We just wanted to give you a heads up that side scrolling should now work with your trackpads on Mac and using a Magic Mouse.

Thanks again and be sure to add your votes to other ideas!

Comments
Laurenssss

Yes please, this would make spotify so much more hassle free to use! No some areas just feel crippled and low tech. 

GinoDotCom

It's actually shocking that Mac trackpad gestures were not implented on the desktop spotify app.  It seems so natural to swipe back with two fingers on my big trackpad when i'm backing out of an artist's homepage.

Please make this a realty Spotify!  I came on these forums just to find out how to use multi touch swipe back and forth.. turns out i can't 😞 

Jacob
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-01-30

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-04-30

Marked as new idea.

teladog01

I'm just coming back to Spotify after being away for a couple years, and I cannot believe that this *still* has not been implemented. It's almost enough to make me reconsider switching back from Apple Music. This really is basic functionality on a Mac.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-02-05

Hey folks, 

Thanks for putting your votes to this idea. We just wanted to give you a heads up that side scrolling should now work with your trackpads on Mac and using a Magic Mouse.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-02-05

Hey folks, 

Thanks for putting your votes to this idea. We just wanted to give you a heads up that side scrolling should now work with your trackpads on Mac and using a Magic Mouse.

teladog01

Was very excited when I got the email notification that this was finally implemented. Unfortunately it appears that swipes left and right for forward and back navigation still aren’t working on my  15” Touchbar MacBook Pro (2017). Will this functionality be added?

GinoDotCom

Thank you so much! Haven’t tried it yet but just got this email notification and wanted to hop on to say THANK YOU SPOTIFY! 

Peter

Hey @teladog01,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Just to confirm, are you using a trackpad or a Magic Mouse?

The functionality is different depending on which one you are using: if you are using the trackpack, you need to swipe using two fingers; with the Magic Mouse, it's just one finger.

Also, where within the app are you trying to swipe exactly?

Keep us posted 🙂