Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Do not limit queue visibility to 50 for manual additions

The new desktop experience should behave how the queue previously worked.

When you manually add tracks, they should not disappear once the queue length reaches 50. All manually added tracks should display.

My use case is: In the morning, I queue up a bunch of albums for the entire day so I can concentrate on work and not have to bother choosing tracks throughout the day. With a visible limit of 50 this becomes very difficult and frustrating. The limit is arbitrary as playlists can still display the full number of tracks.

I don't want to have to create a playlist for this as I have still have a playlist running in case the queue runs out.

I can't help feeling this is an oversight and it shouldn't be hard to resolve.

50 tracks.png

Updated on 2021-11-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know this is something you wanted to see. We're marking this as implemented.

As some of you have already mentioned, the Play Queue now shows more than 50 tracks.

Please continue to leave your feedback around the app and we'll keep sharing it with our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
Limina

Why isn't this being addressed? There is literally no point in limiting the queue! I will end my Premium account because of this. 

camouille

Please bring the unlimited queue back, or at least a way to display (and manage) the full queue.

It makes no sense it is possible on mobile but not on Desktop, if anything it should be the opposite given how tedious it is to "Play next" a song.

Thanks for your hard work!

pizzicatoiv

why does every tiny feature have to be a years-long user request as spotify continues to *remove* functionality from the player?

viciousraccoon

Absolutely insane how many features spotify removed in the latest UI update. I'm fine with change but removing essential features like this is extremly poor design.

Vanyo

This problem is exclusive of the Desktop app, there is no limit to how many tracks you can see in the mobile app. But we all know the mobile app is next to useless to manage a long queue.

The question is: why limit the visible queue to 50 at all? It sounds like a buggy oversight.

And agreed: a Play This Next feature would be super interesting and does not sound complicated to implement.

Stop messing with the client, this is NO improvement!

gilzow
a Play This Next feature would be super interesting and does not sound complicated to implement.

Winamp did it 20 years ago, so yeah, shouldnt be too hard to implement.

Piotrek

What do you mean by "play this next"? "Add to queue" is already present in spotify and it places selected elements at the beginning of play queue. You want it to add things to the end of queue or what?

Vanyo
In my experience at least, "Add to Queue" currently places selected
elements at the *end* of queue, where most of the time I cannot even see
them.

The "Play This Next" I am suggesting would place the selections immediately
after the item that is currently playing (or better yet, after the *album*
that is currently playing, but that may be old fashioned thinking and
clearly too much to ask of the developers...).

Right now when I queue something, if I want to listen to that I have to
clear part of the queue to be able to move my selections up manually all
the time (at least in the desktop application), so I do know what I am
talking about. So the fact that the app shows only 50 tracks complicates
even this kind of manual adjustment.
gilzow

The way WinAmp implemented the feature was to play the selected track/tracks next, no matter if you were playing a queue or a playlist. You could think of it as "add to top of the queue"

Piotrek

For me it adds song to play it next, not sure what to do to add it to the end of queue.