Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Mac] Touch bar integration

Those on macOS, may love this concept that was created prior to the new Macbook Pro release. I think it would be awesome if Spotify actually implemented it.

See pictures!

27496375661_9907058f5c_b.jpg
macbook-oled-martin.jpg
macbook-oled-spotify.jpg
Updated: 2017-02-24

Hey folks, we've shipped Touch Bar support! Thanks for letting us know this something you wanted to see. Just so you know we won't be adding track info as it doesn't align with the guidelines for building Touch Bar features. (i.e. it isn’t a ‘button’). Please continue to leave your feedback around the Desktop app here and we'll keep sharing it with our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
Edge9097

I made a simple Spotify controller with TouchBar support. Check it out!

notlisted2015
I'd be happy if the transport was visible like before and not having to expand the touch bar mini menu. hope that make sense 🙂
Krillhansen

Just recieved my new MBP16 and i really miss this! 

Controls with the touchbar would be perfect!

Really hope the big companies like Spotify and Microsoft would integrate this in their programs (Word etc.)

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2016-12-07

Thanks for your idea @sgript! We're also excited about this new feature and exploring some ideas around this. We're marking this as 'Under Consideration' for now. If we have any news about this we'll let you know.

Gonophore

One great idea would be hourly and daily premium pass, would be handy for many casual music listeners, for trips, occasions or other, why monthly and yearly, make it on demand.

Kirolies

This is honestly the only reason that I slightly favor Apple Music

Grieftyrant

I swear, if this gets implemented before the desktop app gets equalizer settings, I'm out. 

BenjaminoBest

Great idea! Except personally I will never buy a Mac...or another laptop.

met0722

Would really love to see this!!

Charl8

i'm looking forward to having Spotify controlls in the touch bar