Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Full-size album artwork

Musicians put in a lot of effort to their album artwork, so it's a shame that on our desktop devices with nice screens we can't see then in higher resolution than a handful of hundred pixels square. See attachement for a proposed screen – click on a piece of album art while in album view (currently this does nothing) and see it expanded to the size of the spotify window.

album-art-mockup.jpg

Updated on 2023-07-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen!

We're happy to announce that full-size album artwork is now available in the desktop app and the web player. To access it, simply click on the album cover on the album page.

MihailY_2-1688646931196.png

If that doesn't work in your app, you'll need to wait for the next update. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here in the Community!

Comments
Mysteria9

I keep trying to do this, forgetting it's not possible. My brain just assumes it is. Would be a very nice addition!

hifrend

I agree with the others - this should have been a feature from the start. It's awkward to have random pictures of artists on my big screen when playing music for parties. I'm tempted to return to MediaMonkey and sailing the high seas of the olden days.

3fe2b90d

The recent update to the desktop player with the updated library sidebar now has even smaller album artwork. Previously, I had made the sidebar as wide as possible to see larger album artwork. As an independent music artist who puts significant thought into the artwork that accompanies my music, and as a music fan who enjoys the visual artistry that goes into album artwork, I would sincerely appreciate larger album artwork in the desktop player.

HellishAbyss

Hey, @spotify, why have you made the album art EVEN SMALLER with the new update? When this idea has nearly 1,000 votes?

busybusybee

It's bonkers how small the album artwork is at its maximum size in the new spotify desktop app. Please allow some method to view it at a larger size

MihailY
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2023-07-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen!

We're happy to announce that full-size album artwork is now available in the desktop app and the web player. To access it, simply click on the album cover on the album page.

MihailY_2-1688646931196.png

If that doesn't work in your app, you'll need to wait for the next update. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here in the Community!

shaskell

It's pretty frustrating that the album art can only take up a very small portion of the UI when the music is the most important part of the platform. 

lawrenceweiss

I'll take it, but would have preferred an album art view that retains playback controls etc without it being in a modal overtop that blocks out the interface.

Joseph131

When the idea was suggested I believe the idea was to have something similar to how the phones currently implementing it where you can click on the image and it expands to your whole lockscreen rather then having to go into the album then click on the picture and then having to repeat this process for the following song etc.

Dell_Ray

Well, I thought I had an idea which would more than likely be shot down in flames like the others I've had. Come to find out that it's already been implemented is awesome! Now if only some other people would suggest some of the other things that would make Spotify more awesome, maybe we could get some stuff that I thing we should also have by default. Such as a visualization studio, or at least an efficient way to use a 3rd party visualization app with it without having to configure a bunch of stuff that most of us don't want to mess around with to have it still be buggy and not work upon the next update. Why do people and corporations have to be greedy? You know? Most people have no interest in altering things to work in any other way than they are meant to. There are really not very many of us, in the scope of things, who wish to have things modified to work in ways that we find better but as soon as some greedy grub figures that someone has modified something and they aren't making money from it in some way, They go an a psychotic rampage to make it impossible and even illegal if they can. Greed is the worst part of humanity. It does nothing but create division and hate, among other sicknesses of culture. But here we are, in a greed based society! How did things get to be this way anyway? I can answer that but not here. Can you? Oh, and I'd still like to have left to right balance volume control back! It used to be a part of Spotify's UI but they eliminated it a few years ago and when I requested that I got several BS messages about it.