Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Filtered by unplayed episodes

I noticed with the latest update that the 'Filtered by' unplayed episodes has been removed. If a podcast has over 100episodes it can be a bit annoying to scroll all the way down to the ep I'm up to. I can sort it from old to new, but I want to hide/archive the eps I've listened to please. Not everyone is up to the latest episode and if you sub to an old podcast with lots of eps, you really need this feature.

Just hitting play from the overview screen will play the latest/oldest (whatever the first file in the list is). If old eps where archived it could play the one I'm up to (as long as it remembers to sort old to new). 

Screenshot 2021-03-29 201908.jpg

Updated on 2022-09-08

Hey folks!

We're happy to announce that "Filter by unplayed episodes" is now available! 🙂
Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and for voting to make this happen.
Cheers!

Comments
kpwxx

Very close to 180+ votes now - make sure to click + vote, not just comment!

I don't know if this particular part is new but I notice that when I finish an episode, Spotify will now play a completely random episode next instead of the following episode chronologically... So I have to go all the way back to find the next episode yet again. It's not even every time I listen to podcasts, but every single episode!!

Also noticed there's a new My Podcasts section where you can see "liked" podcasts or whatever the term would be. It would be easy to have this section show the currently listening to and next chronologically episodes of each podcast you've started as well.

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

wildcabbage

When listening to a specific podcast, I can mark individual episodes as 'Played' but there is no way to filter out played episodes. On older podcasts, I sometimes have to scroll past hundreds of episodes to find the next one I haven't heard. Giving me a way to filter to only show which ones are un-played would help!

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-07-01

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

lucanomax

This is hilarious

Andelae

It actually pains me to see that this feature is still to be re-implemented.. This was the main reason i swaped to listening to podcasts exclusively on spotify and since they removing this feature i have stoped listening to some pods since i cant be bothered to scroll to the correct episode. They apperently sent a notice that the "idea" of bringing back their old feature has been noticed two weaks ago but it is still a mystery why they removed a feature without any plans to re-implement it. It was simply a great option that was very usefull. That entire uppdate just made Spotify less accessible overall and i hope there are more votes like this on so that Spotify slowly can revert to the great stat it was in about 4 months ago.

bklimes

The moment this update came out and regretted updating. I loved this feature and I don't get why they would remove it.  It was great to be able what was left to listen to especially when binging a new podcast. Please bring it back!!

lucanomax

5 months old thread, yet feature not re-implemented

I'm not giving a cent for spotify premium and I already replaced app for podcasts

As far I can see, spotify devs are playing with customers

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-07-23

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

falconZ

It would be easier if we could hide played episodes in podcasts. It would be easier to spot new episodes