Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Popout player

I have seen this idea posted several times over the years and they are all marked closed. I personally find it really frustrating that people have clearly been asking for this and over and over been denied, especially because it seems like a rather simple feature. Anyway, on the web player on Chromebook, there is an excellent popout player that remains on top of other tabs and windows you open, has the album/song art and has simple controls like pause, play, skip, and rewind that show when you hover over it. You can also move it around your screen so you position it where is easiest for you. It's crazy to me that this feature hasn't been implemented already for the desktop application, or if it has then the fact that it's been removed. It's super annoying to have to stop what I'm in the middle of to open the Spotify window just to see what is playing, or to skip or save a song. Something with just the basics of these features would make a huge difference and make usability so much easier.

Updated on 2024-03-21

Hi everyone,

We're happy to let you all know that this feature has now been Implemented 😎 You can find all the details on the topic in this announcement post. You're welcome to post your thoughts and feedback there as well.

Cheers!

Comments
aeonden

There is a new update for rhiimoot if you're interested.

I added an option to remove the annoying "Your verison of Windows is out of date" warning some of you may encounter.

You can see the changelog and download it here: https://www.locusmare.com/download.html

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs, thanks.

Mysteria9

Yes please I would love to have this! I'm also confused that it's not already implemented when it's been requested over and over again for such a long time.

robigouk

Really need this!  A pop out that remains / floats over other apps like the pop out does for the web player.  C'mon Spotify you wanna be the best right?

robigouk

Ok - what's this icon when I'm in full screen mode?  I think it's new and doesn't do anything?

robigouk_0-1692198299270.png

robigouk

soooo.. anybody else spotted this?  Any ideas anybody?

robigouk

bump - anybody spotted this on their Desktop player?  Mods any information?

robigouk

Anybody even seeing my post about the new icon on the desktop all (full screen)?

Tifi

2023 and spotify still hasn't made this happen

hansbosamsterdam

I agree fully. If the player (play/pauze,prev/next) would have these buttons on the top of the Spotify window I would be able to move the whole screen to the bottom of my mac, but no.. I have to open this maximum huge Spotify screen all the time if I want to forward or replay or pauze... No got this MiniPlay app, but I wonder how other users work with the Spotify desktop app... It's such a huge carnival of bad interface elements... crazy, but yeah... What do I know..

markfokkema

Just received a popup in the browser version of Spotify which said that the miniplayer is now available. Finally! It's located in the bottom right corner.