Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Your Library] Sort the list of playlists

I can’t be the only one with over 40 playlists. I would like an option to organise my playlists on desktop. 
You could add a button so that you can edit (like on phone) to organise playlists by alphabetical order, date added or whatever. 

yes I could take the time to drag every single one of my playlists into the right place, but I currently have like 40something. In a couple years when I probably have over 100 playlists, it will be unacceptable to have to drag and drop every single one to the right place. 

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that sorting your lists of playlists is now available on Desktop. You can change the sorting order by navigating to Your Library>Playlists and selecting the one you prefer via the button in the upper right corner of the app. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
jason_mcmaster

It has nothing to do with your post.  Spotify has completely ignored the request and I've seen multiple posts from other users asking to be able to sort their playlists on the left. The response from Spotify is the typical "You can by going Your Library/Playlists and sorting on the right side." Even though we tell them directly that this does not work, Spotify keeps saying this option has been implemented and to do it you go to Your Library/Playlist......... repeat the cycle. These posters ignore every response after that like @Mihail here above us where people tell them they're wrong. They refuse to look into it. 

There are so many requests for this option (which shouldn't even be  a request) that Spotify's people are saying "If you want this, cast your vote at this post" with a link to another post asking for the same thing yet the issue is that they're never the same post you're being redirected to. To have something implemented with Spotify, you have to get 50 votes in 3 months. With them pointing to 30 different posts, not one of them have reached 50 votes but together they're well over that amount. Further, Spotify has now closed the option to post new ideas because "We have too many right now." It is absolute chaos and a completely broken system that needs to be fixed. 

persephonedigge

maybe we need to write about it on other social media websites, tag them and make it trendy enough to make them to do it, I'll write my first comment, and if you and other people who've commented have twitter, you can retweet it and/or like the tweet. of course you don't have to, but it's only a suggestion.