Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
happytrooper

Yes. Yes. Yes and Yes again!

I would gladly pay to be able to listen to mine and my gf's playlists at the same time as she does it!

This is the number one feature a family account like we have as a household for other services too. The other big bummer is still missing support on my wd live plus, which i just bought before the wd live hd. Brgds, Bas.
sp0tify

The family plan is a no brainer.  Families don't have time as it is.  If I were single I'd have no problem paying because I would have a set routine of gym, relax time etc.  Nowadays I never know what day I'll be able to have any time to use Spotify.  I love the service but I can't even begin to think I'm gonna pay $20 a month so that my wife and I can workout at the gym at the same time to the same music on that 1 in a million chance of us having free time.

DinkyDoorknob

Let me add to the chorus of people who want it. A discount (over multiple solo plans) would be nice, and appropriate.

But mostly I'd like there to be group share features, so that different people on the same family plan could star music for each other, etc. It feels antiquated that when I discover music, I have to email my wife, rather than being able to share with her within Spotify.

Morten_Bøtker

How weird this hasn't been fixed yet. I'm so much in favor of Spotify, but with a wife and two kids who loves music as much as I do, my music is being paused all the time. What a huge missing feature.

Untill this issue have been solved, Spotify just isn't the right solution for household use. So get it done, and a lot of households will go from considering Spotify to actually making a subscription.

If this feature was available, I would definetely continue my subscription when the 30-day free period is over, but now I will be using another platform,

alwaysryu

I would love too see this as well. Currently me and my wife fight for controll of our spotify account on the drive home.

mrbaker63

Im gonna cancel my premium account before the next billing cycle if they don't fix this. Corporate greed SMH.

I have Netflix and Hulu+ and don't have the "Spotify Restriction".

Rorey
Status changed to: Under Consideration

I'm not sure why this idea didn't have a status update previously. My mistake for incorrectly thinking so.

Like I mentioned in another thread today, such changes to subscriptions require fundamental changes and additions to our licensing agreements. However, the idea is under review and we'll post here when we have more to say.

tjkat

Hey, Spotify.

I love you, because you serve me with music. You will get (almost?) double or maybe triple income from me when you lauch family accounts. My money is waiting for you! What are you waiting for? 😉

baz17
With both me and my partner being iPhone and music junkies we would both love premium accounts but loathe paying for two when we share the same house. A discount for two in the UK as well please!