Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
Jonny5

I agree, this would be a great feature!  As it is, Spotify wins over Pandora and I would honestly give Spotify more money only if we can do a multi device account.  My girlfriend and I listen to similar music and I can't just up and pay for two accounts, but if a discount was in place then it would be workable.

HectorAKelsoe

When family subscriptions are available, I'll get one for my family. Until that day we keep kicking each other out every now and then.

Kimovitzh

Dear Spotify, now that you got such a strong hold of the marked, don't make the same mistake that other companies do, most companies find themselves at the top, thinking they got everything under control, and suddenly some one new comes along offering the things you don't.

This is, for a lot of people, a must have! I would love to pay more pr month, just to have the possibility of sharing the account with my girlfriend and my daughter. Just for you're safety you could make a separate login under the main login..

erikstripparo

Dear Spotify,

I will have to move to RDIO because you do not offer a family plan. Please let me know if you change your mind

ewh410

Dear Spotify: if you're concerned that shared accounts will encourage multiple people to consume more music than the single a person would, charge a little more (but not double), and measure the usage. Make people that use way more than they should pay a little more. A few gluttons shouldn't spoil this for the rest of us. 

malovern

I think Spotifies lack of movement in the family account area is a serious mistake.  I am not signing up for premium once my VM expired due to this.  I am now looking at the new Rdio service which does offer it and for an attractive around £12 a month.

skijrt

This is a really good idea as I have a family of 4, all of whom want to listen to Spotify - Often at the same time.

greyson72

I am definitely considering RDIO as this getting kicked off when listening thing is a real pain and I am surely not going to pay full price for separate multiple accounts.  Please notify me once you implement family plans and I will likely come back and be a customer.

Rocio
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello there,

The team is considering it and thinking now on how to make it work.

Thanks for being patient, and thanks to everyone who has voted this up and made this a very big requested Spotify idea. 

We are hearing you all loud and clear!

Update for US Customers: 

As you may have heard, Sprint Framily Plan members in the US can now get 6 months of Spotify free. 

After your free 6 months, Sprint Framily Plan members will then get a discount on Premium:

• Framily (1-5 people) - $7.99/month

• Framily (6-10 people) - $4.99/month

Click here for more info.

skijrt

Rocio - Thanks for the response - I see the first post in this thread relating to family membership was on February 15th.  Are you really hearing us all lound and clear?