Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Please add a "Not Interested" Button

As the title suggests, it would be useful if Spotify had a "not interested" button like YouTube does for videos. I have been using Spotify for many years and still receive a lot of recommendations for playlists and podcasts that I am simply not interested in. One such example is "Learn Korean and Korean Culture" by jerry. I have no interest in learning Korean whatsoever, so it would be useful for me to remove recommendations such as these.

Updated on 2023-06-14

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the support and feedback you've given to this idea!

We have some exciting news to share with you: in the mobile app, it's now possible to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of your Home screen by tapping Not interested in the context menu of the cards:

Novy_0-1686755794208.png

The content you mark as "not interested" will instantly be removed from your subfeed and won't show up again. Any other songs/albums/episodes by that artist/podcast show will also be filtered out from future recommendations.

After tapping Not interested, an Undo button will pop up at the bottom of the screen for a short time so you can revert the changes.

Keep in mind that this feature is gradually rolling out, so if you don't see the button in the context menu of the cards, we'd recommend making sure that you're running the latest version of Spotify. If you're having trouble with, or have any other questions about this feature, feel free to reach out in the relevant Help board here.

Thanks again for helping us make Spotify better. We're always striving to provide the best possible user experience and your feedback is always appreciated.

Comments
FoxxSau

I just observed that the “not interested” button does nothing. I went through and clicked it on everything that came up in the hopes that I could get the podcasts I don’t like out of my Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening section, and it backfired. Now the one podcast I got rid of has come back. No luck with the second one still. Whoever thought this section and the inability to remove **bleep** from it was a good idea must have thrown their brain in a dumpster.

FoxxSau

They censored a word that wasn’t even bad in my comment, an anagram of carp, and yet we can’t censor garbage podcasts we’ve only listened to for ten seconds from our Home Screen. Spotify deserves a trophy for being dumber than a bag of rocks.

FoxxSau

Hey Spotify, you’re doing a great job… at being horrible. To call you a bunch of donkeys and turkeys would be an insult to donkeys and turkeys.

FoxxSau

Currently sitting on the toilet. What I’ve left in it reminds me of Spotify. Except I think what I’m about to flush could actually do some good in the world. 

FoxxSau

That feel when Spotify is less valuable than compost  

FoxxSau

I am now following 8 podcasts. There are 8 slots for podcasts at the top of the podcast screen. I rated the two podcasts I dislike and want to get rid of at 1 star. In spite of these facts, the unwanted podcasts are still there. So dumb.

samn

I have the latest version of Spotify and I STILL CANT SAY IM MOT INTERESTED IN STUPID PODCASTS APPEARING UNDER MY SHOWS THAT I DONT FOLLOW!!

I haven’t listened to any of them, I don’t follow them, I don’t like them, and there’s no button either in the podcast on the whole or in individual podcast titles that I can say that I’m not interested.

I can’t even select “the artist” and say I don’t like them. 

please fix! 
you can’t promise us something and not deliver 

zwg

I do not have a “Not Interested” button. I would like one because I keep getting suggestions of inappropriate podcasts that are tangentially related to podcasts I actually follow…

RichardWulf

I often get recommended music that is very far away from what I like and listen to, and those recommendations are increasingly annoying. The home page should be like a sanctuary, not an ad campaign. The "not interested in this" feature would further enhance a profile's customization. 

WhisperingGoblin

This doesn't work for podcasts though, even when you said it will. PLEASE make this better and let us rearange and customise our homepages. I want to see my mixes and lists higher up and it would be awesome to do the same with the podcasts and be also able to remove podcasts you maybe only listened to one episode and don't ever want to return to.