Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] Prevent Duplicates in Discover Weekly Playlists

For the past month or so, I've had so many repeats of songs on my Discover Weekly playlist.  Now, I can count on 5-10 songs that I've had before on the playlist. 

Is there a way to mix up the algorithm?  Or maybe an option to eleminate songs that have been on the playlist before?

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @earthquakepanda you'll be happy to know the team behind Discover Weekly recently rolled out a fix for seeing duplicates in your DW. We're marking this as implemented, but if you continue to see duplicates please let us know. Thanks!

Comments
Siyei

Every week is getting worse... discover weekly is becoming: “try to listen this song again”... It don’t seem so difficult to discard what you have already heard thousens of times in a discovery list

MichaelTapp

I found some gems in this week's disover weekly playlist but there a couple of songs in discover weekly that were already in my library. It's not REdiscover weekly. 

PashaS

It seemed to have been fixed but this week again, I have old songs in the Disover Weekly, some of them even already exist in my library. This feature was the only reason I've subscribed to Spotify, if it continuos like this, I will reconsider.  

santipresti

Discover Weekly

Many songs I already had in my library or playlist. What discovery are you talking about?

VelcroFace

Marked as implemented along time ago, but the situation is still the same now. Discovery weekly is hardly discovery at all. Why does it have to be just weekly? Why can't there be a refresh button like there is on the suggested track when you are creating a playlist? The tech is already there, just give me the button.

Digamma

This is NOT implemented. This week, out of the 30 songs I got in my discover weekly, 15 of them were music that I've either listened to myself, or recieved in my previous weeks of spotify weekly [see image]. 

How on earth can you say that this has been implemented when over 50% of the music I recieved this week are repeats from weeks gone by. 

I want to be able to use spotify's discover weekly as a way to discover new music, not to have the same stuff I've listened to earlier thrown back into my "Discover queue".

Songs highligted in green are songs that I have listened to before, or got in previous discover weeklys.Songs highligted in green are songs that I have listened to before, or got in previous discover weeklys.

elevatorlady1

I'm still having this issue as well. Oddly, it seems like it got worse after I joined Spotify Premium. What can we do to stop this from happening?

Tom1905

Hello Spotify, 

I am facing the same issue as the above posters.

I used to love Discover Weekly because it was full of new songs and it was my main source of new music. Nowadays 30-50% of the songs in any given week are tracks that I have already heard in previous Discover Weekly playlists. And even if I do "hide" them, they just reappear again a couple of weeks later.

From this message chain it appears that people have been complaining about this since 2016. It doesn't feel like it should be a very difficult thing to fix - I'm surprised to see that it takes more than four years!

Thanks

Tom

MichaelTapp

This week I have 5 old songs in my discover weekly and 2 songs from last week's Discover Weekly. This issue isn't resolved. 

elpred0

It has been weeks I have this problem. I suposse that Spotify really does not have track of songs listened cause cost issues? 

This is the main feature I use, so is very important for me 😞 I even listen some of my friends lists...

It's an old post but.. I hope some can help ? @blake