Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] Remove certain Songs

It would be nice if there was a way to remove a song from the Discover Weekly playlist. Overall, Spotify picks some pretty good songs for the playlist. However, there are always a couple songs I don't like. It would be nice if I could delete the song from the playlist just like I can for any other playlists I put together.

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Community.

We're pleased to confirm that it's now possible to like or dislike tracks in your Discover Weekly playlist.Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 15.30.29.png

If you dislike a track, it will also be removed from your Discover Weekly playlist.

Thanks again for coming to the Idea Exchange!
We appreciate all of the comments.

/M

Comments

Oh please give me some sort of option to opt-out of Religious music. I hate it and I have no idea how Discovery Weekly thinks I would like it. Please add the option to remove these horrific songs from my playlist.

saved

Yet another "Idea" that's really just common sense.

Where's the logic in providing a Discover Weekly playlist then partially populating it with music I already know or own? If I could remove those tracks then no problem and no complaint.

This shouldn't even require us to vote. It's so glaringly obvious that if I had rolled out something so illogical to my users at work I would have apologised and made fixing it a priority. I don't judge Spotify for making mistakes - we all do. It's on whether they act on those mistakes that I make my judgements.

That's all I want from Spotify - that someone actually THINKS about the issue and takes responsibility. It's hardly surprising that we get so angry sometimes.

I'd like to use the Discover playlist, but NOT RIGHT NOW.

nikanj

Spotify wants to be a radio station and get payola. Much easier to do if you can't opt out of artists.

saved

@nickanj Good point. I don't really want to believe that but I have to say I'm becoming increasingly suspicious myself. The evidence just keeps stacking up.

taneate

I WANT TO DELETE SONGS! Please remove this idea from the "Not right now" cue. When Discover Weekly plays, it plays crap I don't want to hear, i.e. badly matched songs. Even though I skip the song, it seems it's listed as I want to hear it, as there's a record that I started it. Then the following week I have more such crap in my playlist. Please allow us to delete the songs we don't like so that you get a better idea of what we're interested in and your algorithm can get more bang for your buck.

ronfeulner

I up vote this idea also.  have been looking for this since I went premium . 

Almost half are great and fit to what I like. The other almost half are cool and introduce me to new stuff. But a small portion are just really bad and sour me to discover weekly.

playerkimbo2220

please make the playlist editable.Thats all

itaki

Just another vote to remove songs. Morrissey makes me vomit and since I never know when it's going to come up and how far away I'm going to be from the computer when it comes on, I can't listen to this weeks playlist.

On another note, how in the hell did that get selected for me and why can't I just say "never ever play anything from this artist or like this ever again"? 

dutchdutchie

I love(d) Discover Weekly and didn't mind 1 or 2 foreign language songs in my playlist, which I could easily skip. However, after 4 weeks of listening to Discover Weekly, I have 5-6 songs in my list of 20. That's ridiculous. I haven't added any of the recommended foreign songs to My Songs nor my Playlists and haven't even listened to one song to completion. 

Just because I have one foreign language song in My Songs (From the Bend it Like Beckham soundtrack) doesn't mean that I want them in my Discover Weekly.  I have immediately removed that one song from My Songs, in hopes that it will fix the problem.

PLEASE allow us to delete songs from Discover Weekly. For now, I am not going to listen to Discover Weekly, until this gets fixed. 

playerkimbo2220
I love hearing new music but please let us delete the bad new music on our discover playlist.