Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Displaying album credits

I understand that including all album artwork is considered a premium feature, but at the same time, all people who participated in the making of an album should be credited for their work. Musicians, composers, producers, engineers and everybody involved - plus all the "special thanks" - people, deserve to be credited.

This could be implemented by simply displaying the album credits in text form, along with the original front album cover and tracklist. No lyrics, pictures or bonus features, just the credits. Not linking, but displaying the credits along with the album front cover + tracklist by default, in all versions of Spotify. The complete album artwork could still be a Spotify Premium-feature, with this approach.

This is not a feature for the listener - most people don't care much about songwriters or who plays bass on track five of this album, but from the perspective of the music creators, this is very important - their (ok, our) careers depend on these little things. Being associated with the music you've recorded (or written, engineered for et c) is still a very important part of building a career in this business.

Updated on 2018-02-05

Hey folks! We’re very excited to announce the launch of the first iteration of Spotify’s new songwriter credits feature.

Spotify users around the world can now view songwriter and producer credits for tracks on the desktop platform and on iOS. 

On desktop, simply right-click on a track and select “Show Credits” from the menu of options to view information on performers, songwriters and producers.

To read more about the information we're sharing please click here.

song writer credits.jpg

Comments
hiagopx

YES!!!!!!! 

hiagopx

This could show up verry simple: just putting the mouse over the song name and them simple show up the list of collaborators 

Lilfilm
It's very important to give credit where credit is due.
skakanka

It would be great to have it!!!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-04-25

Hey everyone. Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community with your feedback. Right now we don't have plans to implement showing album credits in the artist pages. However please keep leaving your kudos and comments here and we'll keep bringing to the internal teams at Spotify, thanks!

godsnogood

For my opinion songwriting credtis are essential. Please ad this feature asap. Thanks!

zaniel2679

Totally agree with this. It's so obviously needed. Spotify make it happen!

musicnerd13

Since most of these comments are 4+ years old I will say I am disappointed that still nothing has been done about this.

mpowers10000

It is bad enough spotify makes millions on the backs of artists and pays them almost nothing, but please credit all tge people that produce the the content your making ur freakin paychecks off of. 

godsnogood

Yes! That is true. Still waiting for songwriting credits.