Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Integrate HTML5 with play.spotify.com

With the new Xbox one coming out and it not supporting flash, I believe Spotify needs to revamp their play.spotify.com site to support HTML5 also, flash is a bit old, isn't it? I think this will greatly improve the experience on the site as well. <br><br>Thank you.

Updated on 2017-11-10

Hey everyone! We can confirm this very popular idea is now fully implemented.  The new Web Player uses HTML5 technologies solely. Thanks for your continued feedback in the Idea Exchange!

Comments
rvdlaar

so when is this happening? i just tried opening a playlist and i still got the "get flash" dialog.

please, it is 2017 and still offering a flash based player?!

Flash is dead, implement HTML5 please.

Seems to depend of version of your browser. Here, with latest version of Chrome, seems to work when connecting to open.spotify.com
avdyk
Just tried after your message and it works with Firefox, thanks for the
information 😉
Kalmora

If I open play.spotify.com, that first notification I get is:

Allow "play.spotify.com" to run "Adobe Flash".

Hm... really?! No! Flash is a well known security issue and not well supported by Adobe since a while. Sorry, but that's a pitty.

Try another browser or newer version.
thejarne

Strange that it works in Chrome but not in Safari on macOS. Hopefully they roll it out for all browsers soon.

Nevitones

Is it working right now?

I have a WebOS TV and it would be great if I could use Spotify via browser.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2017-11-10

Hey everyone! We can confirm this very popular idea is now fully implemented.  The new Web Player uses HTML5 technologies solely. Thanks for your continued feedback in the Idea Exchange!

Lysander666

Can I be the first to say thank you - and congratulations. I use the client in Linux, but this is great news for people who want a 'backup' method of using Spotify [myself included I suppose] since the Flash version rarely worked for me.

sinewave_cl

I hope it works in my LG WebOS 3.0 TV.