Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Landscape orientation on Android

I use my iphone in my car for navigation and music. I prefer for my phone to be mounted in landscape orientation for navigation purposes, but the spotify app is hard to use when it is sideways.  constantly changing the orientation is inconvenient.  Could spotify implement a landscape orientation? even if it lacks some of the less important features.

Hello folks!

We are happy to announce that landscape mode is now on Android!

In order to be fair with iPhone users (half of the comments in this idea support iPhone) we have created a new idea just for iPhone users and added half of the kudos you folks added to this one.

If you are an Android user, we hope you are very happy and enjoy it!

If you are an iPhone user, give this idea some kudos!

Thanks so much everyone for every comment, vote and feedback. We really love that at Spotify.

Comments
swsmith1971

I as well use my iphoneX for navigation, music etc while in my vehicle and because of that, it's position in landscape mode.  Please fix the app for landscape viewing.

swsmith1971

From this File_001.png
to this File_002.png

I've had landscape available on my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus until just recently. I'm not sure what changed but it no longer rotates. Auto Rotate is set to on on the phone. I've updated and uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it has not corrected the issue. Please help. I use the phone at my desk at work and have it in landscape becuase the charging cord does not allow me to have it in the portrait position.

Thank you.

mattor_man

Like others, I used to enjoy landscape mode while driving.  That was, until a couple months ago after an update, the app now forces it in to portrait mode when on the cover art/ music control screen. 

Spotify, please fix this as it's driving me crackers! 

Device: Xiaomi Mi MIX 2

Android: 8.0.0

MIUI version: 10.3.1.0

App version: 8.5.5.853Landscape mode works in every other screen...Landscape mode works in every other screen...

Screenshot_2019-05-12-10-43-32-267_com.spotify.music.png

janmchan

What ever happened to this feature? It no longer works and moderators doesn't seem to have a clue why. 

vanarebane

Spotify fixed it and then lost it.

I reccomend anyone to also install older version. I use old APP 8.4.95.785