Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Last.fm] Scrobble Tracks played offline

Let's have Spotify locally save all mobile offline play history and write it to Last.fm scrobble list when you turn it back online. Even better - a Spotify play history on desktop and mobile applications that tracks all play history online or offline.

Updated on 2019-07-11

Hey folks, 

Sorry for the delay, looks like this one slipped through! 

There was an update to Last FM last year which introduced offline scrobbling. The update also means scrobbling works on the Web Player and over devices on Connect. As mentioned by @hans-jürgen, you can check out the article from Last FM here.

Thanks!

Comments
talesfer

Bump!

EarlPurple

At least for starters, please have my mobile app retain what playlist and track I am currently on, even if I reboot or restart.

My PC app saves this info, why can the mobile app not do the same? I create a playlist then listen to it in rotation on my mobile and it totally annoys me when I lose my place. This is the main reason I have spotify (premium).

psinke1974

I'd think this would be relatively easy to implement. Wondering why it takes so long!

jlanzet

Is there any update on the scrobbling offline plays portion of this? I'd love to hear how that's going!

smelico

I haven't read the whole thread, but you guys have to, I would think, keep track of every single track we play. I'd expect this would be necessary for auditing purposes, to satisfy investors, to pay royalties, etc. etc. etc.. Please, since you likely already have this data, allow us to scrobble while offline.

nic2k83

The lack of this feature has made me cancel my Spotify subscription, I have gone to Rdio.

I will come back though if Spotify sort this out, personally I can't understand what the major issue is, it can't be that hard.

Rdio scrobbles offline!

nic2k83

Are there any third party apps that can intergrate with Spotify to submit your offline scrobbles?

Crisalide81
It's incredibile Spotify doesn't implement this feature on Mobile devices. It's a basilar feature for Spotify premium users. I'm thinking of subscribing a Rdio account.
mickeyc

I can't believe this topic is over a year old and it's been "under consideration" for more than 6 months. This is getting ridiculous. I'm really starting to regret purchasing a subscription.

Zescher

I repeat: this is a bug because the functionality existed before and not a feature to be implemented!