Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Let users turn off some or all desktop notifications, e.g. "Your friend ______ just joined Spotify."

So according to the @SpotifyCares Twitter account, there's no way at all to turn off desktop notifications. None. Which seems insane to me! Spotify is the only app that sees fit to blow up my OSX dock with notifications multiple times every week, yet there's no functionality to let me control which notifications I see - or even if I see them at all!

So, obviously:I'm proposing that Spotify let users control this! I, like most people, do not have a deep personal relationship with 100% of my Facebook friends, so I don't need to know whenever some random person I went to high school with gets Spotify. I have zero interest in sending them anything or interacting with them on Spotify in any way, so it benefits neither me nor Spotify to pop up that red notification and nag me to view it before it goes away. 

Anyways, yeah! This all feels super obvious, but since the @SpotifyCares Twitter account told me to post this here, that's what I'm doing. "New idea:" STOP BUGGING ME WHEN PEOPLE I DON'T CARE ABOUT JOIN SPOTIFY. USE THE OSX DOCK NOTIFICATIONS SYSTEM RESPONSIBLY. Thank you.

Updated: 2015-11-18

Hey everyone. Now you can go to your the Notifications section of your Accounts page via Spotify.com and adjust both your in-app and email notifcations. 

Comments
joeshmmooalall

Between this and not being able to permanantly put my session on 'private' i'm cancelling my sub.  Newsflash: NOT EVERYONE NEEDS EVERY ASPECT OF THEIR LIFE TO BE 'SOCIAL', I just want to listen to some darn music. 

nicktabs

Can't they release a Spotify Lite version? Which is basically Spotify 2 years ago. No facebook, radio, random norifcations and hidden playlists.

sean2078

UNBELIEVABLE!  THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS - It's sooooooooooo *** amazingly *** annoying .. Do you guys even use your own software?  I'm extremely serious.  Please GOD fix this hyper-annoying defect.  

I'll keep checking back month after month, year after year to see how continually ridiculous Spotify is being by not fixing this issue ..

I'm now going to start researching other music service options SOLELY because of this ( and yes my use of CAPS is 100% appropriate b/c this issue was raised over 3 years ago )

space_josh

I made the mistake of accidentally following a popular playlist.  Now my desktop and phone are spammed with these useless notifications whenever this playlist is changed. I 'unfollowed' this list but I still get 3-10 notifications a day pertaining to playlist changes. God forbid I accidentally follow another one, I'd have more spotifiy notifications than anything else in my day.

I've been a premium member for months but these notifications are wearing me down. I'm looking for a new service to subscribe to.

itsnotkevin

It's absolutely ridiculous that people have been requesting this for over three years and it has not yet been impleented! Make Spotify use Notification Center and allow us to completely disable all notifications, including badges.

jwkranenburg

Yeah I totally agree I have removed spotify from my dock when I am not using it, but they fact that you still get notificaitons when you unfollow a list - why? why? why? why? why?

This needs to change - I hate badges that I cannot remove!

esotism

The red badges are annoying, you should be able to disable it if you have premium

kalta

"esotism", not just for Premium! 

I understand the commercials - spotify have to make money (from premium fees or ads).

But they DO NOT benefit from their customers being pissed off!

A feature to turn it off should be available to all accounts!

I have cancelled my Premium couple of months ago and will NOT subscribe again

until I am able to turn this "feature" off. KUDO this post if you did that too!

Hopefully this will get someone's attention!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2015-11-18

Hey everyone. Now you can go to your the Notifications section of your Accounts page via Spotify.com and adjust both your in-app and email notifcations. 

kalta

@meahtenoha It took 3 years and 3 months of customer rants...

Anyhow - spotify.com is NOT the one showing annoying badges!

It is the APP!

Cut the crap and put it where it belongs - in spotify's settings!