Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics on Fullscreen

Lyrics on fullscreen would be great if you want to use it to have karaoke session with friends or use it as a background for your tv or second screen!!

The background for the fullscreen with lyrics can be the album/song art or the existing artist picture.

(optional) Ability to show lyrics for the full half-screen without the left-side toolbar.

Would also recommend to have option to enable/disable the lyrics in fullscreen for other community users preferences.

lyricsonfullscreen.png
lyricsonfullscreenhalf.png

Updated on 2023-01-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that Lyrics are now available in Fullscreen mode.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better.

Comments
Mihail
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-21

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-09-30

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

asuggestor

Example designexample above

BigCherryPie

Yes, please! I love Fullscreen mode and I love lyrics but the non full screen lyrics are ugly and can't be used in Fullscreen

DeeSouly

I love this idea, Honestly i'm not sure why this wasn't added when the lyrics were fixed some time ago

Not only is it great for karaoke nights but also the convenience of not having to look up lyrics on the other monitor

iTwanneman

Add an option where the user can choose what is shown when you click on the fullscreen button, for example:

- show the artist / title of the current song

- show the playlist 

- show the lyrics (if the song has any)

- show song facts (if the song has any)

And make these options checkboxes 🙂

This is a great idea

directaction

This should be the default behaviour, let's be honest

James7x1

Yet another lyrics feature that really should have been implemented from the start. The desktop integration of lyrics doesn't make sense from a UI perspective.

larsstoel

This would be amazing!