Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(Mobile) Return repeat and queue buttons to Now Playing screen

The new UI for the Now Playing screen on mobile (iOS and Android) doesn't seem space-efficient. I understand that inevitably the design will be refreshed and changed, but, given the amount of unused screen space, I don't think it was necessary to move the view queue and repeat buttons into a separate menu. It seems like it shouldn't be too difficult to find space to these on the main screen, espcially considering how often many users make use of these features.

Note: Attached images show the Spotify iOS app version 8.4.91 on an iPhone SE compared to a previous iOS app version 8.4.81, I believe.

iOS Now playing menu.PNG
iOS Now playing Old.PNG
iOS Now playing.PNG

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks, 

Just a heads up, that the Repeat and Queue buttons have returned to the Now Playing View on the mobile app. 

Screenshot_20190523-101212_2__01.jpg

The repeat button has moved to the left and you Queue can be found just below. 

Thanks!

Comments
Priestongrail

Thats awesome great idea!

mosohodPeti

I fully support this idea! Having to always unlock my phone to acces those buttons is kinda annoying.

Jpgchief

Definitively ti would be very useful.

veturkemur

Making it more long-winded to get to my queue infuriated me. So unnecessary.

J2kMoose

This is a must!

franhound

Screenshot_20190410-104010.png

It's still there for me. 

ardacebi

@MattSuda,

This should be changed to implemented as almost everyone who updated the app to the latest version has the new layout that has the mentioned buttons.

Cheers.

MattSuda

Hey @ardacebi 

Rock Stars go through ideas and mark them as new or duplicate once they are submitted. After that, Spotify staff review ideas once they reach 500 votes and change the status to the proper one. Since this idea has over 500 votes, staff should be getting around to changing the status soon.

ardacebi

@MattSuda,

Thanks for the info. Understood 👍.

Jᴀᴄᴋ

So needed.