Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(Mobile) Return repeat and queue buttons to Now Playing screen

The new UI for the Now Playing screen on mobile (iOS and Android) doesn't seem space-efficient. I understand that inevitably the design will be refreshed and changed, but, given the amount of unused screen space, I don't think it was necessary to move the view queue and repeat buttons into a separate menu. It seems like it shouldn't be too difficult to find space to these on the main screen, espcially considering how often many users make use of these features.

Note: Attached images show the Spotify iOS app version 8.4.91 on an iPhone SE compared to a previous iOS app version 8.4.81, I believe.

iOS Now playing menu.PNG
iOS Now playing Old.PNG
iOS Now playing.PNG

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks, 

Just a heads up, that the Repeat and Queue buttons have returned to the Now Playing View on the mobile app. 

Screenshot_20190523-101212_2__01.jpg

The repeat button has moved to the left and you Queue can be found just below. 

Thanks!

Comments
rticzon1

So glad someone posted this! Hope they update the app soon. 

MattSuda

Just imagine if they moved the repeat button to the top right menu of the desktop app.

Absolutely ridiculous 

DesktopRepeatButtonMoved.png

troylock2016

I have no real need for the like button being where it is. I understand if it’s a new playlist we don’t have saved, or a custom radio type deal. But on my personal playlist where I have all my favorite Alt rock music, I don’t really need the option to like something on a whim. 

gtremari22

Spotify *please* listen to your customers about this!! I've been happy using your platform for years but this change makes doing basic tasks so much more difficult than it has to be. Keep the ellipses for all I care (that's actually where the share button should go in my opinion) but bring the repeat and queue buttons back to the now playing screen. I have never had an issue with the app significant enough to warrant a comment until now, and it's clear that plenty of other people feel the same way.

troylock2016

Everyone speaking my language. I know I said it once, but I can’t stand that stupid like button. I don’t feel like I need to see that; when I’m on a custom playlist that I listen and add to every day for the past couple years. I miss the repeat button being readily accessible, and having a queue button in place of that stupid share button. That would be a lot more useful, I don’t share music with my friends virtually. That’s a hanging out thing.

Loxer

Also, making the Album art a little bit bigger on smaller screens.

bencylin

Agreed.  I repeat single tracks for studying.  If I change to another studying track I want on single repeat, I have to tap it again. With the new update, it's an extra step to tap and it's all the way at the TOP of the screen and then tap down the bottom for the repeat.  It's really annoying.  

BaboonArt

are they even trying just a little to give us what we want??

e_-6kv3l462kn

Spotify, it's time to revert this change. Bring back the repeat toggle to its proper location. You've tested longer than you needed to.

coenpostma

I couldn’t agree more. It’s very annoying an inconvenient. I hope this will be fixed soon, otherwise I’m gonna transfer to Apple Music.