Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Picture on Profile

I would like to suugest the option of adding our own pictures or avitars WITHOUT linking it to our Facebook accounts.

I know there are some of us that were fortunate enough to get Spotify before it linked with Facebook and I would love to add my picture on the account page.

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own profile picture on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
frankthered
Not sure maybe if you log out & log in again might fix it for you.
Bop_Pills

Yeah, gonna try that, thanks Frank

Bop_Pills

So, profile pic on my Spotify it's done but now i can't find where to erase this Avatar image..?

cucklescuckles

I see no good reason why one should have to download the "desktop app" in order to change a profile pic. Please implement this feature within the browser/web-player/etc. pages, and maybe (ha) you won't have to work so hard overhauling the iOS/Android apps, you can just tell people to do it in the browser for now.
Aside from the uh reasons I don't need to disparage, I don't even see a good reason for there to be a desktop "app" at all.

donbergaaas

how do i do this on cheomebook whithout liking **bleep** for spotify

Suzibaduzi

The status update* to the hundreds of requests over many years on this seemingly simple (to everyone except the Spotify coders/web designers) issue "let us upload our own photo/avatar and user name without linking to facebook" was *posted in 2016. As far as I can find any where not a thing has changed. I don't use a PC so I've got no idea wether it's even possible to do this on there. It is May of 2019... Three years after the {"solution implemented"} Status Update was posted!!!! 

✓***SO to be clear, in 2016, at LEAST three years after countless spotify customers/users had been asking/begging/pleaing/demanding/suggesting/asking/begging/etc. for the ability to implement their own user names and pictures/avitars... Spotify deemed this issue as solution implemented. In 2016 that "solution" was that you could now do this on a PC, but not on Android or i0s (but hang on it's on its way.... you said...) Well, it is 2019 and it is still the EXACT SAME "SOLUTION" as in 2016. 

This means that basically spotify has ignored one of the most commonly requested things by its users for approximately 9 years... !!! 🤔🤨🤯😲🤬😠

I am disturbed by this blatent disregard of uncountable amounts of spotify users requests. I wish we could have a FULL BLOWN SPOTIFY USER "OCCUPYIST" SHUT DOWN because of this STUPID STUPID SMALL THING that, oh lets see.... Hundreds-thousands...!?! Of spotify users have been asking for FOR YEARS! 

BAFFLED and feeling like I've been kicked in the teeth by a "friend"

So bummed about you folks at Spotify. 

I'm calling BU1/$#IT¡!¡!¡!¡!!!!!

I am a premium member bye the way. 

Almost NEVER post on any forum, especially in such a negative way on a upsetting topic. But there you have it... Sad and sorry moment, old and tired subject.

Fin.

Proton42

Not sure how this result is supposed to help me upload my  music but any support is appreciated.

Proton42

So there is no active support online? Is there a support email?

Bop_Pills
Sorry, didn’t understand the question..?
Bop_Pills
Hey!
Well, now I already have a profile pic but i couldn’t do it online with my iPhone, I had to do it through the app that i had to install on my laptop.
I didn’t even know about that computer app before, because I only used Spotify on my phone app or online.
What happened was, when I was trying online to upload a profile pic with my phone and I couldn’t, I was told that I had to be a “higher rank” (forgot the word, someone that helps and is very active) inside the Spotify community, to have that feature unlocked...but till I found a way to do it, it took a bit of time and lots of questions on this forum.