Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Merge / Add a Playlist to another Playlist

It would be great to combine playlists together. With the option to avoid multiples of the same track(s) along with a prompt to confirm the addition of one playlist to another. 

Updated on 2023-05-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop.

You just need to select the playlist, then choose the option  "Add to other playlist" > and add it to the desired playlist.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
jaealdana

PLease do this!

Tom2727

Please add this feature.

la19411

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE AND DON'THE DEPEND ON PAYING USERS TO FIGURE OUT WORK-AROUNDS.  WE EXPECT MORE FOR OUR HARD EARNED MONEY FROM A COMPLAINT LIKE SPOTIFY. THANK YOU.

la19411

MEANT TO SAY COMPANY NOT COMPLAINT.  KEYBOARD ISSUE.

pironic

This was driving me a little crazy, so I decided to code my own solution: https://writhem.net/spotifympl

This app will prevent duplicates and stay current with the lead lists to make a magic playlist. I need to build a proper UI for it, which depending on interest I'll prioiritize accordingly, but it works beautifully. I've been using it for a few weeks now. 

Enjoy!

musicisnice

This is a great initiative, but the only way to use it is to go through http://writhem.com/, then sign into Spotify with my credentials.  Can you be a little more specific about what is going on? How secure are my Spotify credentials when this done, as they are being passed through a middle layer.  Is the writhem website connected to you, which would then enable you or the writhem website admins to collect all the spotify credentials?

Thank you for trying to fix a long standing problem and irritation.  Just trying to understand security and trying to protect whatever is left of my security.  

pironic

@musicisnice Thats a great question and clearly identifies that i need to clarfiy the links at the bottom of the site and on the about page. Thank you for that! The only thing stored is your o-auth token. Although writhem.com and writhem.net are operated by the same admins and thus are associated with each other, none of the session, authentication or user data is passsed between the servers. The only purpose for the writhem.com links at the bottom of the page is to make things easier when developing. The policies that pertain to .com will also apply to .net. Your information is not actually sent to or dealt with by the .com servers. 

The only details kept in the db for each user is:

- your spotify username

- an authentication token (obtained by the o-auth process from spotify, and can be revoked at any time from your spotify profile)

- the magic playlist's name and unique id you create (with the associated id of the spotify playlist) 

- the id's and owner-id of the spotify playlists associated with each magic playlist.

j_e_singleton

UPDATE: I've found a feature within the windows desktop version which allows a workaround to my issue with not being able to quickly create a private playlist from another private playlist. I still think a playlist workflow/productivity idea thread would be a good idea if there isn't one. Maybe I'll research it and create one if I can find some spare time.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE: I had the following post closed in the idea exchange due to being "similar" to the feature annotated by this thread: "One of the things I've found while building public playlists is that I often use private playlists as part of my workflow. Sometimes I have a need to create a private playlist and copy all of the songs out of another playlist into it. This is very time consuming. Ideally, there would be a "clone" option available for private playlists so I could quickly create a second copy. Thanks much for your consideration on this feature."

While I agree that the threads are similar in that they are productivity enhancements regarding playlists, cloning and merging are in fact two very different features. I think this thread should be renamed to more accurately depict the category of features that it is meant to represent. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Masonq

That is what is holding me back from buying premuim. We need to be able to combine stations

petsy48

Go to playlist 2 and highlight one song. Hit Ctrl-A to select them all and then add them to the other playlist 1.

Or Highlight all the songs from 1 and add them to New Playlist. Do the same in playlist 2. Name it whatever you want.