Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Merge / Add a Playlist to another Playlist

It would be great to combine playlists together. With the option to avoid multiples of the same track(s) along with a prompt to confirm the addition of one playlist to another. 

Updated on 2023-05-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop.

You just need to select the playlist, then choose the option  "Add to other playlist" > and add it to the desired playlist.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
BirdieGolf

Go to playlist 2 and highlight one song. Hit Ctrl-A to select them all and then add them to the other playlist 1.

Or Highlight all the songs from 1 and add them to New Playlist. Do the same in playlist 2. Name it whatever you want.

That is exactly what I needed! Thanks

heisengainz90

Come on, add that feature 😞

osornios

Playlist folders are already available in Spotify. In the Desktop app, right click in the folders area, and you'll find the option to create a playlist folder. Once created, you can drag and drop playlists to the folder for better management.

Hope it helps. 🙂

kalyn823

Can you please make it easier to merge playlists? I don't see why you don't 

petsy48
Just select all the songs on one playlist. (Ctrl-A) and right click and
add to the other playlist.
Good Luck
Peter
Jspencer343

So far I have yet to see a single "Suggesstion" for a very great practicle idea to very frequent problems be addressed. Every respnse from Spotifiy is "Not right now, but go check out some other great ideas we are going to ignore on this thread:......" Very frustrating. 

petsy48
Go to the playlist you want to add to the other. Click on one song. Hit
Ctrl-A to select all the songs. Right click and when the menu pops up
click on add to the other playlist.
Jraz

I think marging playlists is a very useful and important feature 

TamaraK75

I create playlists for different purposes a lot and many songs end up in multiple lists. It would be sooo helpful to be able to combine entire playlists and be alerted to duplicate tracks. That way I won't lose any material but it would keep things organized and easier to search for songs. I am surprised that combining playlists or searching for duplicate tracks in your entire library isn't possible here. The thought of printing out every list to do these tasks manually is overwhelming. 

pironic
You could try the other app posted earlier in this thread...
https://writhem.net/spotifympl will allow you to merge multiple lists and
will not merge duplicate songs if they exist in each list you are merging.
It will also continue to monitor those lists for changes and propagate them
into the master list.