Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort List of Playlists alphabetically

How about ordering playlists alphabetically? I'm paying for this service and this feature is the most common and easiest one even for a free music player...

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that sorting your lists of playlists alphabetically is now available across devices. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Dynavoice-DE

Yepp! And this issue will be the - only - reason for cancelling my Spotify abonnement in the nearer future. Actually I'm looking for a good alternative. The only thing that let's me hesitate is that I have MANY playlists and a real big buch of songs...

stockba

You should also mark the Earth being round as "Under Consideration". I think this has become some type of inside joke at Spotify. Everyone gets off work and sits around drinking smelly craft beers while they trim their beards and laugh about customers who would like to be able to put a list in alphabetical order. Next thing you know you will be telling us you are currently searching for a VP of Alphabetical Order. Whatever you gain by not letting customers access their playlists easily is more than lost on the aggravation. o.jpg

esca0864

The last time you commented on this issue was in Updated: 2015-10-02!  What is the status of alphabetically organizing our playlist???

cmlaff
For a service that sells a product for our ears they have turned a deaf ear to our concern.
Jeannie-Weannie
There’s obviously no money in it and they don’t care.
It’s being ignored and along with the ‘Lyrics’ option, will probably be consigned to the bin.
Dynavoice-DE

I just got this mail:

>>>Begin

Re: Playlist sorting options - Status changed to: Not right now

Hey everyone, we're back just checking in as this idea hasn't had an update in a while. The original request for the ability to sort playlists by 'artists' and 'albums' is not something we have in our current plans. We're therefore keeping this status at 'Not Right now'. 

If you're after the ability to alphabetize playlists I recommend adding your kudos to this idea here:Alphabetical playlist sorting options. Thanks everyone!

<<<End

Do the think we're all a litle bit dumb? When I added this "new idea" a few weeks before it was deleted  and I was asked to write here about this great new feature.

By the way, have a look at the bold and underlined part of th e text. Spotify seems to think that the ability to sort playlists isn't really a needed feature...

OK Spotify, my congratulations. That'll be the point to force my search for new music straeming offerings.

George919

This feature has been requested by many over a year ago.  Get that Scrum Master to get those developers to make this simple edit now.  Otherwise, you can hire me as the new Scrum Master/Project Manager to get things to "Done"! 

mchumph

I confess I am dumbfounded by this response; "not in our curent plans"!  An obvious, basic user feature!  I'm starting to agree with the idea proposed by someone else that the devs are just having a laugh, trolling the poor pleb users and seeing them plead, swear and theaten in an attempt to get this.

It's beyond poor and well into pathetic.

The other point is that Spotify has *had* the field more or less all to itself but that is no longer the case.  Both Deezer and Tidal offer better audio quality and although their UIs are a bit clunky, they will improve rapidly. I'm signing up to trial them both. 

number1k9

Yes yes yes! Please offer this option or even a search for playlist option. Would be beyond helpful to us playlist whiz's! 😄 

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Updated: 2016-10-24

Hey folks. We're back to let you know this idea is still 'Under Consideration' as we also think better ways to organize large collections is a good idea. Thanks for continuing to bring your feedback to Spotify.