Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
elamp84

There really is no reason not to have the ability to sort the order of your playlist.  Is this in the works?

alex3885

Actually, you already can; simply drag the playlist to somewhere between your other playlists. You can do the same thing with the songs in your playlist.

elamp84

@alex3885 Sorry I actually meant ordering the songs in you playlist on a mobile device.  Wow must have been tired when I wrote that and did not specify.

jimnyc

Please add the ability to sort playlists. Preferably both by alphabetical order and by date modified/date created.

It should be in place by now.

PabloOhm

I concur with what others have stated.  The ability to sort one's playlists alphabetically (by artist, album title, song name) the same way that itunes allows would make this a much more user friendly system.  Seems this would be quite simple to bring to fruition. 

MaxPower

Man, Spotify really NEEDS this feature. Seems like it would be fairly simple to add. I just switched from MOG and they have it set up where you can favorite albums or artists. Very easy to click "favorites --> artists --> album" and drill down to what you are looking for that way instead of being forced to search for everything. 

AlphabeticORDER

It would be great to sort the playlists in alphabetical order (automatically)

Abbadox

At the moment (as far as i know) you can only "sort" playlists based on track, artist, time, album and user. It would be nice with a feature that lets you sort songs the way you want them to appear.

By that i mean, a feature that lets you arrange songs, then save it so you can get back to that "order".

fishdog

Add me to the cause

It is the one thing missing in the spotify experience.

Hard to understand why it wasn't a priority early on.

goldug

Absolutely! I've always wanted this function, as I think it's kind of a given. I mean, why is there NOT this function? It should have been the first function ever implemented!