Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
AndricSoDavid

Maybe a more viable idea like having folders then putting the playlists inside the folder and being able to sort them out would be better to be honest

Vreugd85

Awww... That's a bust... No hard feelings or whatsoever, but, I can't use the desktop version @ my work, so I'm forced to use the web version. Nothing wrong with that (I miss a decent searchoption though... But that's another story), but, the possibility to sort my playlist on different ways (album, artist, songtitle, e.g.) would be great If it would be possible... Oh well... I've to wait then...

stockba
Should only take another four or five years.
Anna98109

How is this not a thing.  Hire an intern, show them bubble sort and be done with it.

webastronaut

It‘s ridiculous that we have to request such a standard thing as sorting something. Maybe Spotify is dying and not implementing such things is just one of its symptoms.

crodriguez328

Can we please please please find a way to alphabetize our playlists???? I listen to spotify 24/7 and use my playlists often, but I have so many playlists due to the mass amount of different music and genres that I listen to that I have a hard time finding the playlist I want because they're all over the place. This would make life to much easier. I've had spotify for over 5 years now as a paying customer, and this is the ONE thing that drives me absolutely crazy. Thanks

- A frustrated Spotify fan

danzigism

Dear Spotify, please make this feature available. A lot of us create a bunch of different playlists and it should be a fairly simple setting to implement. 

With all due respect, and just out of pure curiosity, could this be a "not right now" thing because you want to discourage your users that create custom playlists by not introducing any new features to playlists? This would seem to be encourage your users to rather play the "recommended" playlists and radio stations. 

turboblip

Basic funcinality is 'not something we have in our current plans' ...thanks.

Woodparis

Not having this option in a music app is the reason I am leaving you. Even the first music app back at the early stage of the internet had this possibility. Now that I have a lot of playlist I realise that Spotify is a massive mess and a massive joke !!!! How can you say this is not a priority to implement ???!!!!! 

mikeyspikes
@__spo__ wrote:

The original request for the ability to sort playlists by 'artists' and 'albums' is not something we have in our current plans

Really? Its 2017 I swear I had a playlist called "Ambient Albums" and you could see which album each track belonged to. I lauched Spotify this evening and that feature has disappeared.

How hard could it seriously be for you guys to be able to sort playlists by Album?