Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playstation][Podcasts] Video playback on the PS5

Could Spotify solve the problem of no video display for JRE on PS?? Many people use PS as their only in-house media player. This is for Netflix, YT and Spotify. Considering JRE's migration to Spotify next week, it will be crucial to all these users to be able to display the video content of the podcast on PlayStation as well..

Updated on 2023-06-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that streaming video podcasts on PS5 consoles is now possible.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Stevenlinhart

Can’t see how this isn’t done already, forget the votes 

most ppl will see it’s not possible and just watch on their phone or tablet but a lot of ppl used YouTube on ps4  to do this previously but ps4/Spotify can’t provide it???

I just went to watch the Joe Rogan podcast on my PS4 and I was like why is there no video, Spotify said they're doing video now, so then I thought it must be a bug because they said they officially were doing video now ages ago. Turns out they forgot to do video for podcasts on the ps4 which is pretty shocking. You would think all platforms would be supported and its not like Spotify is a small business its a huge corporation listed on the stock exchange. Hard to believe they forgot to do video for podcasts on the PS4 platform.

JuroNoOne

Please Spotify make it work.. We all need full JoeRoganExperience podcast. Without video, its hardly half experience 😞 

Thank you 

Juraj, Bratislava-SVK

LuckyGinger

I like to stare out my window, post workout dripping in sweat. Contemplating my poor life choices while Joe Rogan wins a bet. His Experience echos in the distance (on ps4 when it was on youtube). Joe will never know what his podcast means to me. And with his help I will never know a life not as a bro. But what I know not is comforted by what do. Bro Jogan, you are my rock. My idol. My shrine. I pray that Joe's ignorance to things out side his domain continue so that young Jamie's employment may continue and guests always remain. I may not know what it's like to do peyote or to be high on DMT. But as the nerds say, "I'm high on life! WATCHING JRE." 

tobeyxisi

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/XBOX-ONE-Podcasts-Video-for-Podcasts-on-XBOX-ONE/idi-p/5...

this is a link to the exact same idea but for the XBOX community that has 209 votes. It's crazy that this is something that people obviously eat but it's neither posts are being treated as important.

wba_john

How has this not been Done podcast I could watch all the time especially JRE now I cant watch on PS4 

STLBatman

They're bringing it on all platforms this week!

JuroNoOne

STLBatman.. don't play with me 😉 If its thruth, you just made my day 100% better 😄

Im waiting for it as nothing else..

k4mi3n

Dude, that guy is trolling..

Liquorswordz

This stlbatman guy the same thing 4 MONTHS ago. I don’t think joe realizes how many people he lost because of this