Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcast][Mobile] Mark Podcasts as Played

Right now on mobile devices, once you're done listening to a podcast, nothing happens. There's no signal that you've already listened to it or anyway to mark it as listened to except for clicking on it and dragging the time bar to the end of the episode. On the computer interface there's a little blue bar that shows you if you've listened to it or how far into it you are, but there's also no way to easily signify if you've already listened to the episode. There should be some way, whether its a blue wheel or another visual form that shows people if they've listened to a episode or not, and there should also be a way to click the control for an episode and mark it as already listened to.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks!

This has now been implemented. You can find the 'Mark as Played' button by clicking the three dot menu next to Podcast episodes on Mobile. 

Screenshot_20190523-102837__01.jpg

You can also check out how much of a show you've listened by checking out the green progress bar and time indicator. It'll say 'Played' once a Podcast is complete. 

Screenshot_20190523-104146_2.jpg

Comments
Collius

PLEASE add batch tools for managing podcasts.

Mark as played, Mark ALL as played, auto download new episodes, delete on played, etc.

These are common features in other podcast apps.

Nowisthetimefor

Just do it if you wish to entice another community of listeners to your service. I love my music (but I do have my own, even though it's easier accessing music via Spotify). But I love my podcasts more. Your inability to deliver a mechanism to show already played podcasts is not really good enough. Catch up quick or Spotify will be gone in a flash. Don't be the betacam of music services.

Jjzelinski

These developers are incredibly lazy and disdainful of their customers to not have introduced this by now.

4-4lls6or_ot5

I've just made the move, including the whole family from Deezer. This needs sorting out. Currently using a podcast app for podcasts when I want them all in one place (like I used to have on Deezer)

Sort it. 

alysherry01

This is an absolute must for any podcast player, and I can't believe this hasn't been resolved yet.

The only way that I am able to mark episodes as played is to scroll through or fast forward to the end of the podcast, but sometimes this doesn't even work. I noticed that for some of the episodes that I finished, there is still "two minutes" left, so they aren't marked as played for me. If I'm working my way through a podcast that has hundreds of episodes and I've already heard some of them before, there needs to be an easy way of doing this within the desktop and mobile app.

Really annoying since this easily done in Apple Podcasts

Bogsss

Still not an option!?

- select episode

- "mark older episodes as played"

Not hard

theskidster

Switching from my tablet to the web app, i have a bunch of episodes that are sitting there as unplayed. it would be nice to be able to tag them so i dont have to scroll through 60 episodes to find where i am.

darkmaffia

After one year it is still not resolved. What a shame.

laurenshild

I listen to a lot of podcasts on mobile while in the car. But then at work when I use the desktop app, none of the podcast episodes I've previously listened to are marked as listened. Again making it difficult for me to scan a list and know what I have and have not already heard. This is a premium account. 

kruchnjev

I find it strang that you promot Spotify and sponser podcasts to start using Spotify to listen to podcast, when the service is missing such a fundamental feature!
I want to use Spotify so that I don't need to switch to iTunes, just for podcast, but the user experience is way behind when I need to see all the old episodes that I can't mark as listened to..