Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Adjust Audio Speed of Podcasts (1.5x or 2x)

I have just discovered podcasts in the Spotify mobile app and as an avid podast fan I'm delighted to finally see this feature!

I would love to be able to alter the speed of a podcast, to play at 1.5X or 2X the default speed as per the default apple podcast app I currently use.

As many podcasts I listen to are very long (up to 2 hours), until such time as the playback speed can be altered I will use the apple podcast app to listen to podcasts.

Updated on 2019-07-04

Hey folks! 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Podcast speed controls should now be available across all devices. You can play at speeds of 0.5x, 0.8x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x. 

The desktop controls can be found in the bottom right corner and the controls on mobile can be found to the right of the play button, when you're playing a podcast. 

Thanks!

Comments
jasonuncensored

I use a separate paid app just so I can play podcasts at higher speeds, and I have to use YouTube to listen to songs at alternate speeds... even though I pay for Spotify.

I would love this feature implemented for both music and podcasts. I even searched for a third-party app with that feature that would let me use my Spotify account through it, but no luck there.

I'd pay an extra couple of bucks a month for it, if that's what it takes.

Please. Please.

JoelD85

The ability to adjust music speed would be an awesome addition to Spotify! (even if only for Premium members and downloaded songs.) Spotify could even start with a simple version that allows only a 20 percent adjustment faster or slower. Maybe that would lessen the processing power needed. (I'm not a computer scientist, I simply want this feature ASAP).

David911

They can't seriously provide podcasts without having this increase / decrease speed feature. It's such an integral part of the podcast concept! 😯 Please Spotify, get this done ASAP and don't hold our precious time hostage. 

jasonuncensored
That would be almost no less difficult than having complete control over
playback speed.
filipe1309

I think this feature its really important, it must be implemented asap.

mufasa72

I really want this feature. I listen to most instructionals at 1.25x to 1.5x. For a 40 minute podcast, this can save me almost 15 minutes. I do this all the time when watching YouTube videos. I'm actually surprised that Spotify doesn't have this feature.

More generally, it would be great to change the speed of any media on Spotify - slowing down music can help when learning a piece on a musical instrument. Speeding it up can make it more challenging!

shreerajp99

yes please implement this feature.

birkenfall

Definitely a needed feature  would not listen to some podcasts without it  especially ones which a huge back log.

SydSalmon

I will NEVER use Spotify for podcasts until variable speed playback is implemented. This should have been a high priority feature as soon as they had the idea. Hopefully, the developers working on the product actually listen to podcasts. It seems strange that any podcast fan would release a podcast player into the world without variable speed playback.

putneyj

Finally decided to start listening to podcasts in Spotify instead of Overcast...didn't realize any modern podcast player would actually be released without this feature. Guess I'll stick to my regular app.