Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Pop-Up Suggestions

I have all notifications turned off on my iPhone through Spotify settings, but I've been noticing increasing pop-ups telling me to check out these random new features or playlists or artists that I couldn't care less about if I tried.  HOW do I get rid of this? Pop ups once a day was irritating, but now they are occurring 3-5 times a day and I have HAD IT. HAD ITTT.

Updated on 2023-06-12

Hey, you all!
Just jumping in here to say that you can now choose not to get the pop-up recommendations anymore. It's straightforward to deactivate the feature, by just following these steps:

Step 1: When the pop-up recommendation appears on your screen, tap on the What's this button.

Screenshot_20230204_002121_Spotify.jpg 

Step 2: On the next screen, you just need to choose between don't get new recommendations from that specific artist or completely stopping to get the pop-ups definitely. 

Screenshot_20230204_002308_Spotify.jpg

Once you choose to stop getting the pop-up updates, there is no way to revert this action, so think carefully before doing this, ok? 🙂

Last, but not least, thanks for suggesting this one, and don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need help with anything...

Regards,

Luan

Comments
Kirschmanc1

Hi! I have been using Spotify for a decade now and been a premium member for most of it. This is maybe less of an idea and more feedback.

Lately I have been absolutely spammed with Spotify pop up ads. Suggested songs, new Spotify features, etc. To be honest I don't even want popups. I like exploring on the homepage. Furthermore, a good UI minimizes user input. Having to close out popups all the time becomes cumbersome. 

If anything, please stop suggesting the duo subscription. Respectfully, you should know that I pay a monthly subscription to NOT deal with ads. If you constantly shove ads (especially the same ad) into my face, it actually discourages me from continuing my current premium subscription. 

P.S. you will never get me to buy duo. I am a very single, friendless dude. I already average 120,000 minutes (almost 3 months straight) on Spotify per year. I don't need to be doubling that.

Thanks! Have an awesome day! 

Bun-Bun

This isn't in play. I just got a pop up update and there is not "what's this" button to click.

Please rectify as pop up ads make the app on both mobile and desktop compeltely useless to me as anytime it happens I rage quit and go listen to music on CDs where ads are never a thing!

2024-03-15 16_51_15-Window.png

Bun-Bun

Simple, stop interrupting my sessions with pop ups of any kind. Here is a screenshot of the latest.

2024-03-15 16_51_15-Window.png

We need an option to disable these entirely and permanently. I do not pay for a premium service to be force fed ads.

This applies to desktop and mobile. I open the app to make a quick song selection or change, not get interrupted by useless ads.

Also see here https://www.reddit.com/r/truespotify/comments/1bfemgb/what_the_hell_is_going_on_with_spotify_recentl...

https://www.reddit.com/r/truespotify/comments/1bflplm/why_does_spotify_insist_on_constantly/

Bun-Bun

My idea was merged with this one which hides it.

IT IS NOT IMPLEMENTED, ADS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE STILL COMING WITH NO WAY TO STOP THEM.

Erwollo

JESUS CHRIST I HATE THIS SO MUCH. I use spotify mostly when I drive and this piece of ... pops up always when I start driving. So there is no alternative just to spam desperately dismiss. I can't express how **bleep** I am every time

justmwest

Hi! I choose this every time and I still get the pop-ups. Each time it reassures me "Got it. You won't see this type of update for any artist."

Hexride

I was completely baffled to why i was recieving pop-up adds in app, as a premium user. I initially chalked it up to a bug, only to discover that this was Spotify's intended treatment for premium users. After scouring through threads, I stumbled upon this supposed solution, which filled me with hope. Even though this shouldn't be an opt-out for preimium users, I was happy to find that at least something could be done.

However, my relief was short-lived as it proved ineffective. My sessions are still plagued by interruptions from random junk. How can this be labeled as 'implemented' when it clearly isn't working? Even as I write this, I'm interrupted by nonsensical distractions - an infuriating irony, but very symptomatic of Spotifys modus operandi. If you're seeking feedback, provide a subtle button for opt-in, not intrusive interruptions.

Hexride_0-1710962613305.png

Jokerboy777

Would be nice if that prompt happened but I don’t even have the option for that. It only mentions dismiss and then goes away until next time:  I have the exact same problem as the OP as these constant pop up ads shouldn’t be happening when every notification setting is turned off in the app, but these concert ands and such always pop up when they shouldn’t for premium members. 

kenstanek

I've been harassing the Spotify help chat people about this and one of them finally may have pointed out a solution - logging out & logging back in. Obviously, this is a poor implementation of their preferences in the app, but so far, it seems to have worked. 

clivid

Tried logging out, reinstalling the app and still I am getting those pop-ups "Neue Musik für dich!" as well as the concert announcements. Both are absolutely horrid UX, since they prevent me from just using Spotify for what I pay it for: Listening to music. Instead of that, I have to click through this useless feedback flow to give my "I just want to disable this" feedback, which apparently just gets dumped into the void?!

And those concert announcements cause the content to re-flow, causing me to miss what I want to press, which like the pop-up is another hindrance in my journey to just listen to music.

Please fix your software to bring it back to "Listen to music on all your favorite devices, and optionally get non-intrusive recommendations in the form of Discover Weekly / smart shuffle", instead of this "Let's shove all our sponsored content into UX breaking elements to annoy our premium users until they switch to the competitors".