Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
theicharlie

SpotifyXO.png

I can´t download de Spotify Music app for my Xbox One. My account is from Colombia. What can I do?, I want to enjoy the premium service on my console

Sherri1962
I saw that some people from other countries changed their "Country" to USA on their Xbox, downloaded Spotify and then changed it back to their country, hope this works for you.
choochjb

app works great.  One minor suggestion.  It would be great for the Xbox to show and control "Now Playing", even if your spotify account is playing on different devices.  My use case is this:

I have multiple chromecast audios around the house, that I play multiroom audio on.  I would like to be able to leave the xbox on, showing what is playing at any time, and giving guests an easy way to skips or add songs.  

K31th0426

Thank you Spotify!! I love this new feature that we've been waiting for! 😁😁

adamsafi

I have problem with my Spotify account 

iam triy to open but is not working 

W33n3rm34t

Cool except there's no sound when connected to Xbox. Useless. Back to free membership I guess. Waste of 10$

DaMaffers

I just transitioned from Groove Music to Spotify on the Xbox One. I am digging the Spotify App, but the only con that I have seen is there is no music video option. With Groove music, you could click a button in the "Now Playing" section and it would enable music videos to play, if the song had a music video. If this button was enabled, you could not snap the app and listen to music while doing other tasks. Just toggle the button for music videos to enable the Groove app to snap again. I recommend Spotify do the same. It was the closes thing to MTV, the original, I have ever seen. I liked it a lot. 

DaMaffers

I would prefer not to jump back and forth between apps. 

Fdub

It's neat but I can't play all my music. Have to select an album to play then go to another album and add EACH song to a queue. Tedious!!!! Should have the option to play all/shuffle all like the app on my phone, which needs work also. The xb app is not very user friendly.

TomTardis
Spotify's TV app (it's the same on Android TV) is pretty sad in general.
The best way to use it is to control the app with your phone.