Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount in Sweden

Hello!

After seeing that you recently added a generous student discount for US college students, I wanted in!

I think that being able to subscribe to Spotify for half the price (49 SEK) would convert a lot of free subscribing students to paying customers. This would be a popular discount!

I have contacted the Swedish student discount organizations(Studentkortet and Mecenat), but I recommend students to contact your own students' union and link to this idea. Maybe we can actually make this happen!

Showing this kind of love for students is great! Horray for US students and kudos to Spotify! ❤️

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @frias we're happy to announce the Spotify Student Discount is now available for students in Sweden. Just click here to get started 🙂 https://www.spotify.com/se/student/

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 1.01.08 PM.png

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Better not Sewden only but worldwide or at leatst Europe.

aslteles

+1 for worldwide discount.

Eamonn

Would love this in Ireland too. 

ast1

10/10 want for Switzerland!

bcake

As a free user this change would definitely turn me into a paying customer.

/SWARJE

GaboZeGaa

Let's look for a worldwide students discount, not only Sweden 🙂

Give a kudo to this:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Worldwide-Student-Discount/idi-p/918333

Julluhub
Oh my god! This is soo dumb. Spotify made by Swedish students long ago, right? And then they don't even give us, the Swedish students any discount. But of course let's give the states some discounts. How fair is this.....

...And my friends back home in India are waiting for spotify to just launch there 😛

@frias wrote:

Hello!

After seeing that you recently added a generous student discount for US college students, I wanted in!

I think that being able to subscribe to Spotify for half the price (49 SEK) would convert a lot of free subscribing students to paying customers. This would be a popular discount!

I have contacted the Swedish student discount organizations(Studentkortet and Mecenat), but I recommend students to contact your own students' union and link to this idea. Maybe we can actually make this happen!

Showing this kind of love for students is great! Horray for US students and kudos to Spotify! ❤️

kungpung
+1 for ww student discount!