Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WP8 Request - Please add Radio Support.

Love the radio function.  Allows me to not need P-----.  B ut need it on the WP8 app.

2014-05-14

Hey everyone! We're happy to say this is now Implemented.

This week we introduced a new update to our Windows Phone users. This update brings the Radio feature where you can create your own stations or pick one and go with the flow.

You can download the updated Spotify from the Windows Phone Store today. For more info on this update just click here.

Comments
ElMexiMerican

The lack of updates for WP is pretty annoying, please give us some love Spotify!

criehlmann

I'm giving you one more month to put out an update for WP 8 or I'm cancelling my subscription (one that I've happily had for almost a year!). Please don't make me do it, I love Spotify but the amount of crashes, bugs, and lack of key features are forcing my hand. PLEASE UPDATE!!!

swain69

You need to update this, this is getting a little ridiculous now!

phander

+1 Come on Spotify. Some indication of development would be great.

WillDWhite

Another recent convert to WP8 - went to load up radio and it wasn't there. Any ETA on the functionality add Spotify?

shawn111493

Just switched form Iphone to WP8 and am disappointed in not having radio anymore. Also we need a way to search our playlist like in iphone...maybe there is way and I am missing it..?

marioharvey

I just don't understand why adding the radio feature takes so much development.isn't the underlying code and infrastructure already in place? They must have 1 developer on this juggling 8 other iOS things. All spotify cares about is iOS.

Richard_dowson

To be honest they probably don't care. The number of users on WP is most likely so dwarfed by iOS and Android that investing further time makes no business sense whatsoever. Wouldn't surprise me if MS paid them to give us an app in the first place just so WP can say it has Spotify.

For what it's worth I use Spotify on an iPad and a WP; the WP app sucks, but I'm stuck with it. Curiously this is similar to many of the third rate apps I have to use. Roll on end of contract and new (non WP) phone...

cgenzardi87
Where s Spotify on this? I see this is a Spotify forum but how do we know whether we are actually being heard? I will be cancelling my premium account until you get radio on wp8! If we get enough WP users to do this, then we will get somewhere.
Markusli

+1 to this. How is it even possible to launch Spotify app without radio functionality? It's just stupid and misleading. I'll give it a little, but I'm not paying for a service that I can't receive.