Way to prevent duplicates in playlists.

I have big playlists, and would like a built in way to prevent duplicates from occuring in my playlists.  This could be an option to prevent, or select/hide duplicates.

Update 2015-03-17

Hello everyone. Spotify here. With the latest release of the Desktop app, this feature is now available across Desktop, iOS and Android. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 16.42.29.png

Comments
Ale5ander
Casual Listener

I like to sort all my songs by playlists. Sometimes I add songs twicely (eg song released as single and then included in album). Spotify knows that I like songs like this and recomend it to me. I may forget that I already added it in my liked songs and special playlist and will add it second time. It create a chaos in my library.

Spotify already have a feature that check if song already in this playlist but in works only for current song and ID3 tags should match 100%.

I suggest to check not only for 100% match but for next tags:

1. name of song;

2. artist.

It should be enough to avoid situations like this. On my screenshot you may see same song from same artist but in different albums.

2019-11-25_12-48-43.png

EBReggie
Casual Listener

Can someone IMPROVE this feature so that the same songs from different albums aren't duplicated in playlists?

Georgie

@EBReggie that's not a feature I want personally. As some artists I follow will release demo versions and variants of the same song with the same title on other albums (without marking it as a demo or a variant)

headey
Roadie

I would like the song title to include the reason it is different (year_liveplace_remix_demo_sensored_etc).