Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[XBOX ONE][Podcasts] Video for Podcasts on XBOX ONE

Not even sure why this has to be an idea, if you acquire one of the most watched podcast of our time, implementing video across all apps YOU CREATE should be a must. Currently can't watch the JRE podcasts on the app for XBOX ONE, only audio. This shouldn't need to be voted up, this should be done for those of us who are premium customers.  But let's get it past 100 votes.

Updated on 2021-04-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We appreciate your patience and we're happy to announce that podcast video is now available on Xbox. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Happy watching and listening!

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-09-15

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

spotischlitz

I  can't believe this only had 7 votes. Spotify acquired Joe Rogan but his videos are not shown on the Spotify app? I shall add this to the lack of logic and reason in the world today.

brucewstrong

Yes please fix this Spotify!!!

Wizeau

How has video support not been added to the Spotify app on all platforms, yet? This was posted three months ago(this shouldn't have even needed to be posted, truthfully). Considering they spent roughly $100 million dollars to have exclusive rights to JRE, you'd think they'd want to maximize the avenues of consumption of this investment.

Maybe their employees spent all their time huffing and puffing trying to censor the JRE podcast rather than doing actual work.

What a joke.

davidjmeister

Please make podcast videos available on the Xbox One app. I can't believe this went live without being taken care of.

chrissaguilarr

Please do this.

mikegash2

WHAT ARE YOU DOING SPOTIFY?! YOU’VE HAD OVER A YEAR TO FIGURE THIS OUT WHEN YOU SIGNED HIM. 

thunderfudgie

At first I thought the spotify deal would be awesome for JRE, but now I literally cannot watch the podcasts. Worthless.

chrissaguilarr

lol everyone who has an XBOX, spread the word let our VOICES BE HEARD! 

THIS IS THE WAY

calibrentroy

The video feature on the desktop app needs significant work as well, I should be able to expand without it going to full screen. This is a no brainer..... Why would you acquire one of the largest podcasts of all time, that has been producing high quality videos for years, and not have a decent video solution.