Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
Wayno1

Bring back the previous version, this one **bleep**, I too may have to cancel my subscriotion

G_Loc

Their SpotifyCares Twitter account is being blasted with complaints: https://mobile.twitter.com/SpotifyCares/with_replies

After reading all the complaints and lack of **bleep**s on their behalf, I decided that I'm cancelling my family plan this month (after 4+ years). Already moved over all my playlists to Amazon Music.

ChrisA1999

I emailed Spotify boss Daniel Ek about this terrible new User Interface 10 days ago -

Hi Daniel

I've read an interview with you where you said you would encourage Spotify subscribers to communicate with you via Social Media. Not sure if you meant it, but I really need to know; 

Are you GENUINELY happy with the 'music library' of your new UI? ...If not please  please roll it back before more customers quit. (Me sadly being one of those).

and

After seeing all those angry complaints on your Ideas Forum, can you please give a comment on WHY our alphabetical Artist Music Libraries have been destroyed by your new 'Creatives'?

We really don't understand why you've undone all those years of fine tuning that previously made Spotify so truly world-class. 
Would really love to hear from you.

Daniels reply - nothing.
Come on Daniel, speak to us.
Have you been offered the top job at Amazons Streaming Service and so are trying to destroy Spotify before you leave?
... This is the only logical reason I can think of!
Wayno1

Shame on you Spotify!!!

finnalokadottir

It is incredibly inconvienent to have to search through my ENTIRE list of liked songs, or have to type in an artist EVERYTIME i want to listen to something, to find an artists songs that i like, especially when i only have a few of their songs liked. It was incredibly easy to just GO to the Artists page, changing it is honestly SUPER stressful for me because i liked the way the artist page was set up and organized a lot more then seeing my list of several thousand liked songs. Sometimes people only like a few songs by an artist and not their entire discography, liking their entire discography is just going to make the liked songs list MORE cluttered, and when its on shuffle its just going to play MORE music you dont want to hear, which defeats the purpose of a LIKED SONG LIST. I REALLY hope spotify changes this back soon 😕 

MikeRizGrant

It's become so difficult to access my music collection. Spotify has been easily justifiable in my budget but I can't be paying for something that doesn't work. Looks like it's time to test out alternative services...

unquiet_thought

no saved artists page? if this is a decision by spotify i find it terrible. what the h*%$ were they thinking???

i really can't believe it. the user interface, which wasn't ever good enough it's getting worse...

Wayno1

I have just realized that the Albums link only shows albums where I have liked every song, What if I dont like every song on an album? so now I have to search my entire song list for something I like? frustrating to say the least, come on Spotify you gotta be kidding, bring back previous version please!

Beheer

I've used spotify premium for years,  and came in search for some answers about the latest update.  Thousands of other users feel the same as I do about losing the ability to scroll the artists by A-Z (And scrolling thru 2500 songs ranking them by Artist A-Z is a very inefficient work around).

overwilhelmed

This is just another reincarnation of the “bring back the old Spotify ui” thread. This ideas board is a joke. Spotify didn’t acknowledge that thread and pretty much told those with genuine criticism of the new UI to “deal with it”. 

All Spotify needs to do at this point is say: “We understand many have issues with the new UI that has been rolled out. We appreciate your feedback and are working to incorporate some suggestions in future updates. Stay tuned for refinements yet to come!”

But. They. Won’t. 

As a loyal customer you are expected to either:

A) deal with it, grab your ankles and take whatever they want to give you 

or

B) move on

Only positive outcome out of all this is grabbing your ankles makes your hamstrings more limber.