Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

armhf Spotify library for DIY projects

Me and many others have bought inexpensive ARM based hardware for media center use. Sadly most Linux distributions for these platforms are built with hardware floating point calculation only, and the Spotify library for ARM is software only.

Would you be kind enough to compile an armhf version of libspotify for us? Based on the number of orders on the Raspberry Pi platform alone I would expect the potential number of Premium service users of this library to be 100.000+.

Hello! Sorry for the delay on updating this but we’re pleased to announce the beta release of libspotify 12.1.103 for hardfloat armv6, allowing native support for platforms like the Raspberry Pi. You can find more info here: http://devnews.spotify.com/2013/01/22/libspotify-12-for-hardfloat-armv6-raspberry-pi-beta/ Thanks!
Comments
rodhull

Can anyone get polarsun00's modified library working with Triode's Spotify plugin for Logitech Media Server? I've tried but I think the other binaries need the same trick applying to them which is out of my league!

Would be great to have a fully-functional LMS (with Spotify) working on a Pi (hard-float Raspbian base)...

roliver

This would be great, looking at modifying an old amp with a raspberry pi inside so that I can have standalone spotify/network audio!

chthomse

And I'm running the jukebox sample right now, it works. Fantastic! Thank you guys so much!

sigisen

After running unlimited for a couple of years until my VISA expired a few months ago and I couldn't be arsed to enter my new one I have now upgraded to premium account only because of Spotify now being possible to use on my Raspberry PI! Much appreciated!

The only thing I'm missing now is offline mode support for the Raspberry PI since I'm setting up a InCar PC and I'd like to have steady access to music through Spotify without having to rely on full 3G connection while out on the roads.  

snyamathi
@FrontierPsycho How the heck do you compile the jukebox sample on the rPi? I'm having loads of issues with clang (pretty new to linux in general).
snyamathi

Okay, I got the thing to compile and changed out appkey.c with my appkey - getting a login error though..  Cannot connect to Spotify.

Coillix

I have no idea how to get this thing to work. All I want is to be able to run spotify on my Raspberry 😛 I'm obviously not very good at linux sins I'm writing this 🙂

Is there any1 that could write a short how-to guide to get this working? That would make my day!

Salleman

I want this too..

fableman

Make my Raspberry Pi's stream spotify!!!!