Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Go to Album" from Artist Top Tracks

Hey guys 🙂 

Was listening to some Metallica today when I had a brainwave. 

I was listening to their top tracks which are shown here:

metallica top tracks.png

It has been a while since I listened to them but after listening to The Unforgiven (play had moved onto the next track), I remember being a fan of that album in the past. 

However, Spotify have no quick way to navigate to the album that The Unforgiven is on, without it being the currently playing track (in which case you can press the album name in the cover art section) which is annoying since I now need to go back to that track just to get to the album (of course I could search but I am lazy!)

So on that thought, can we have a "Go to Album" option on the right click menu on the Top Tracks for Artists?

Just another one of "those thoughts"!

Peter

Updated: 2016-04-21

Hey @Peter__ this is now implemented 🙂 All you need to do is :

1. Hover over the track

2. Click on the three buttons menu to the right

3. Click Go to Album

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 2.27.00 PM.png

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Implemented

Rocio

OttoBot76

I agree. One click should send you to the album, or double-click to play.

SubzeroSC

Almost two years later and this is still not made available. how disapointing  An "Go to Album" option should be available in any song's context menu. I hate that I need to manually find the album of the songs that a radio or a playlist has brought up for me.

nsfyn55

The upside is that my middle finger gets loads of exercise scrolling through Pink Floyd's entire discography(uncollapsed!!!??). Which comes in handy considering how I feel about spotify's feature decisions as of late.

walkinwithj

Like nsfyn55 said, there are users who actually listen to real bands with huge discographies, like me, and not just the top **bleep**pop songs of 2015 in any old playlist. And somehow it's really hard for me to understand, why there isn't such a simple solution like a "go to album" option. I think this really makes my music experience with spotify a bit worse.

Another thing, that really bothers me and maybe needs a change is that the "best ofs" are always on top. For example, when you look at the band grateful dead, try to find the first albums just by scrolling. Before you get there, you have to scroll through endless live and best ofs. Just change the order, so the studio albums are displayed first.

jaknudsen

This is really confusing/annoying. When I'm browsing other artists while listening to music, it's impossible to find out what albums the artist's top tracks belong to.

diegonogueira

I found a temporary way to do that...

If you click on song you go to album page, but.. You will stop your current song and play the new song.. ( I don't like it )

My temp way: Create a Playlist called "Temp". Go to artist page. On popular click with right button or "..." button and add to "Temp" Playlist. Then go to Temp playlist and you have the album link.. after that you can remove from temp playlist.. 🙂

The best solution in my opnion is put a link on the album picture and add go to album options too..

Chopata

After two years, Spotify still hasn't the option. In my phone is there, but not on desktop. Please add it!

meahtenoha

Updated: 2016-04-21

Hey @Peter__ this is now implemented 🙂 All you need to do is :

1. Hover over the track

2. Click on the three buttons menu to the right

3. Click Go to Album

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 2.27.00 PM.png