Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A TRUE shuffle feature that shuffles all my songs in a playlist at complete random. No algorithm

Sick of constantly getting the same 30 odd songs when you’re trying to shuffle a playlist of over 2000?! Me too. I miss the days where I could shuffle a playlist and get a true random selection of songs instead of the algorithm just giving me the same songs I’ve previously listened too. 

Comments
AnD7801

Yeah it's so annoying. It always plays the same songs, not random, at least the first songs. I have to skip a lot of songs until it starts playing random. 

Cauvel22

I've been having this problem for a few weeks now, and it's specific to smart shuffle for me. I really enjoy when I look at a song that I'm jamming to and noticing I haven't added it to a Playlist yet. What I absolutely despise is when I start smart shuffle for the fifth time today and it starts with the exact same song it has the past 4 times. Please, I really want smart shuffle to just work properly. 

Someone209

Please do this Spotify.. All it takes is a little effort, but you will make my 900+ songs playlist and those of others that much more valuable. Algorithms don't work on large playlists, because it results in 80% of the playlist getting buried behind the initial 20% you do have the time to listen to.
I have various playlists based on moods and genres, I want to be able to switch between them knowing that the next time I play a list it's not going to be the same distribution of songs again and again.

Another feature suggestion would be to remember the shuffle of a playlist so that when I do decide to get back to a large playlist, I can continue where I left off and don't have to hear the same songs over and over again before getting to the rest.

Macca3820

Im a relative newbie to a premium account - and this shuffle thing confused me at first and I just thought I’d done something wrong in setting them up

Now I understand that some of my (large) playlists will NOT play in a genuine shuffle order 

What a crock Spotify!!!

Surely this is simple fix - so why can’t it be provided as an option?