Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ability to select and copy artist, album and song title as text

Especially useful for non-English titles, but give the option to select and copy the artist, album or title of a song as text. 

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
disc_count

I had a chat agent suggest getting a copy of my data, which I did. It took several days and I just got it and opened it. This is the format they send the playlists in. It is unusable without going through and picking out the data I want manually...unless anyone on here knows of a script or program to interpret this information to then spit out a simple text list in the format needed ("Artist - Song Name" for example). If you have any info on something like that, please let me know.

Screen Shot 2023-12-21 at 2.40.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-12-21 at 2.41.23 PM.png

REDARROW101_A5

There shouldn't be a need to go through such a tedious process which could otherwise be sorted with a simple fix. In the past at least there was a work around in the form of being able to select the text of the song from the embed and then Ctrl + C and the paste it into google search, but now days I have to feel like I WW2 Enigma Encryption Code Breaker in I have to pull up a Russian or Ukrainian Keybaord. Then type the words out and then past those into google. It would just be simple to copy and paste. I don't know why this isn't implimented already.

debarr1

Such a basic feature, one which was present but was removed is infuriating.  I listen to a lot of music where the artist and song titles are in Cyrillic.  Manually typing them out to search is tedious (I only speak English) and I do this regularly to translate them into English.

The fact that this was removed was obviously a concious decision, I assume to avoid people using other platforms?  Well, this has become such an issue affecting the quality of the service I pay for, that I will be considering leaving for an alternative service soon.

steely_dan_76

Mister Spotify ...... on PC App or Android App, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO COPY ANY TEXT (artist biography, song titles, etc.) !!!!!

This would make it easier to do searches or translations on the internet .

It's so easy .... MAKE IT !

Thanks

trallnag

I bet Spotify will never (re)implement this feature. It's a walled garden. Here's how I do it:

1. Install a browser extension that enables right click copy by force.

2. Copy share link from Spotify client.

3. Browse to share link in browser.

4. Copy.

empath77

This suggestion was made four years ago, and Spotify has yet to even acknowledge it, much less do anything about it. As my annual subscription ends soon, I need to consider whether I want to resubscribe to Spotify, or go elsewhere.

rostspik

It gets really difficult. Like I just wanted to copy all titles in an album for chatgpt to translate but it seems I have to learn an entire new alphabet instead since they have not made the text selectable in android. It should just be a boolean in some text field ? Like it should be doable in a few minutes of coding ?