Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Add to playlist' context menu should highlight the current active playlist

0 Likes

I use the Spotify web player every single day to listen to music at work. Often, I'll start a playlist with about 5 songs and then rely on Spotify's taste profile to just automatically play songs. When there's a song which starts playing that I like, I want to immediately add it to the playlist I just created.

Problem: currently, I have to scroll through the context menu and find the playlist I just made.

Solution: what I think is a useful and not intrusive suggestion is to just display the current playlist which i'm listening to (and I assume is influencing the taste profile) so I can just add it there.

The context menu already has a 'Find a playlist' filter, so I'm definitely not alone in having many playlists, otherwise this feature wouldn't exist.

Perhaps even having this in the first context menu would be even better. It's already got 'Remove from this playlist'. How about just adding 'Add to current playlist'.

NOTE: this is not the same as the 'Recommended based on what's in this playlist' section below, as often when the playlist finishes the last song it won't start playing from this recommended list, it will use the taste profile instead.

Attached a mock up, keen to hear if anyone also has this issue

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 20.23.38.png